Bought theses today to have Jeff Walle put on my Colt

Guest Tn.Mitch

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tn.Mitch

You are bidding on high quality one of a kind set of #2 1911 Pistol Grips. One Right and One Left Side Grip. Also your are getting #3 CUSTOM Painted Base Pads for 1911 Magazines, plus screws to attach to Magazines. Please be aware, you need to drill into the Magazine bottom to properly install these Mag Bases. I recommend going to local gunsmith to install. Drilling through the hard metal on Magazines is tougher than you think! Agsin, yes, you can do it yourself... but if your not skilled.see a gunsmith. The Grips you are bidding on are Smooth Surface... not Checkered. Grips are Hard Wood with multiple coats of Lacquer Epoxy Primer, several color coats and multiple hard coats of Clear, polished to a hard finish just like a Show Car or Motorcycle. The Artist has many years of painting high end World Class Show Cars and Motorcycles. The Design is truly one of a kind, no two are exactly alike. The Grips are Smooth Snakeskin Camo that is OD green, Earth Tan and Black. They look great on Pistols that are Blued, Nickle or whatever color. You are bidding on the Grips only, no Pistol, Holster ... just grips and magazine base plates and screws. HOWEVER... with each purchase for a limited time, we are throwing in a set of #3 matching Magazine Bumpers in Snakeskin Camo.... (see picture of three bumpers) These grips are show stoppers and are true art. Each grip has dozens of hours of preparation and only the top CUSTOM AUTO FINISHES WERE USED. These grips are a true conversation piece at the range, yet they are tough enough for real shooting environment. They are very durable and resistant to most if not all solvents and cleaners I am aware of? Although I use a set daily... you cannot abuse these and pry them off the frame with a screwdriver or something... THAT MIGHT CHIP AN EDGE??? You do have to be somewhat careful of a heavy deep scrape by a screwdriver or something. In most cases, You will not likely see anything like these ANYWHERE. I don't think anyone could make a dime on them... with the hours and work necessary to get this design and result! It is a work of art first... a pistol grip for battle second!

I like them Mitch, send some picks when you get them put on.

Btw, Jeffs great and all but did you realize the best 1911 guy, and probably gunsmith in this part of the state is right up the road from you in Gallatin. Sam Hoster... He's actually my gunsmith too, you can go thru me or he has his own walk in service in his shop in Gallatin. Might want to give him a try.

I like them Mitch, send some picks when you get them put on.

Btw, Jeffs great and all but did you realize the best 1911 guy, and probably gunsmith in this part of the state is right up the road from you in Gallatin. Sam Hoster... He's actually my gunsmith too, you can go thru me or he has his own walk in service in his shop in Gallatin. Might want to give him a try.

I'll agree and dissagree with you here, Phillip.

Sam is the MAN when it comes to 1911's - even Jeff will tell you that, but there are alot more guns out there besides a 1911. Best overall in this part of the state I'm going have to say our own dear Jeff hands down. But of course I have to defend my own eh?

I know! We can have a kung-fu fight to the death between Jeff and Sam, winner takes all!

looks like the mag bases aren't plug n play and need some sort of modification.

Yeah, two small screws for each bumper.

Screws are hard to find since the '98 ban.

Guest Tn.Mitch
Is there a particular reason you wish to have a gunsmith install these items rather than just doing it yourself?

The guy that made them sugessetred a gunsmith,because the bumbers have to be drilled into the bottom of the magazine...I dont want to mess them up.But ive learned since then that Mc Cormic mags have holes in them allready,so I guess Ill just have to take a stab at her myself.. :cool:

Edited by Tn.Mitch
Guest Tn.Mitch

Grout,you and Phillip were right,I had ordered 3 new mcCormick.8 rd,extra capactiy 1911, 45 acp mags,and I checked there are 2 smalll holes in the bottoms of each one,they came in the mail today from Cheaper than dirt,,now,I just have to wait on the SNAKE.....Also bought me a new toy this afternoon Sprindfeild 19111A SS ,45 acp,came with all kinda stuff,havent A A CHANCE TO LOOK YET ILL TAKE SOME PICS LATER,sorry about the caps...

Edited by Tn.Mitch
I'll agree and dissagree with you here, Phillip.

Sam is the MAN when it comes to 1911's - even Jeff will tell you that, but there are alot more guns out there besides a 1911. Best overall in this part of the state I'm going have to say our own dear Jeff hands down. But of course I have to defend my own eh?

I know! We can have a kung-fu fight to the death between Jeff and Sam, winner takes all!

haha...

You right, there are lots of other guns out there... and Sam works on them all. At least he has for the 15 years I've used him. We actually get several jobs Jeff turns down, for whatever reason. Sam also does any kind of refinishing you want too. His bluing, parkarizing work, and stock refinishing are known throughout the southeast. Thus the reason we actually get lots of guns in from out of state for repair work.

Honestly Sam's been doing this for the last 25 years or so. He's Nationally known for his 1911 work... but that isn't his limit of expertise. He's a true do anything and everything gunsmith. So in short there isn't a type of gun out there that Sam hasn't seen or wont work on or a job he cant do. So I'll stick to and back up my original statement.

Chop, chop... :D

I still say they need to kungfu fight. We could sell tickets!

In all seriousness though, we're lucky there is two excellent smiths in short proximity to each other. Gunsmiths as good as Jeff and Sam are getting harder to find.

Edited by Metalhead
Guest Tn.Mitch

Im stll waiting for the mailman to bring me the snake,then we will get this thread back on track...lol, hope the coot mailed them allready.

Guest Tn.Mitch

Did I put thats bumper thing on the mag right???I put it exzactly like the shape of both matched.But when you put the mag it it looks off,ive never seen any before in those gun magazines or on a gun before.'

HPIM0691.jpg

HPIM0693.jpg

HPIM0689.jpg

HPIM0694.jpg