SIG's now shipping with ONLY One Magazine

DavidD

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? It’s the manufacturers that have raised the prices since the election?

Actually, yes manufacturers HAVE raised prices 3-8% but this was driven by rising costs of manufacturing and distribution, not because of the election.

Distributors, Dealers, and end user fear/hype if the driving force behind asking prices going up 20-30%+

Case in point;

My cost for Smith and Wesson's went up around 8% across the board.

Since we buy directly from S&W, there is no 2 step distribution to factor in.

We took this increase and passed on LESS than 8% to the customer.

What does that mean? it means that while our costs when up, our margins went down.

Not all dealers are willing to do this, but its a decision we made.

Don't blame the manufacturers for the idiotic prices out there.

In most cases; blame that person behind the gun counter or more importantly; BLAME YOURSELF!

Each and every time a customer pays WAY TOO MUCH for firearm, they validate that new and inflated price.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

Each and every time a customer pays WAY TOO MUCH for firearm, they validate that new and inflated price.

So, Joe you are saying that it is our patriotic duty to try and negotiate the best possible price for a firearm? :stick: What kind of whacky capitalist are you!?! :mad:

I'm not faulting them for this. I'm not happy about it, but I honestly cant say I blame them. If it indeed gets more product in the hands of dealers, then I'm all for it. I haven't been able to get a P229 in ... well... awhile...

Course, I sip the Sig :stick: as well.

• 5 months later...
Guest Torontogunguy

How many times have I seen this kind of nonsense? It is just the manufacturer trying to nickel and dime you to death. If they can get away with it, they are more than happy to. It simply means that they are going to sell more mags at $50 and add to the bottom line versus the loss in market share, which they are happy to take a chance on since the majority of their market is commercial anyway (I believe) and will pay for extra magazines without whimpering. Sic. BOGUS

By the way, Sig Sauer is now shipping 2 magazines with most pistols. I believe the Mosquito still only has 1, as does the P238.

I for one am done with Sig Sauer. I have purchased 2 brand new guns from them, both of which were total headaches. Add to that indifferent customer service and there are plenty of other high quality manufacturers of firearms who want my money.

Guest JHatmaker
How many times have I seen this kind of nonsense? It is just the manufacturer trying to nickel and dime you to death. If they can get away with it, they are more than happy to. It simply means that they are going to sell more mags at $50 and add to the bottom line versus the loss in market share, which they are happy to take a chance on since the majority of their market is commercial anyway (I believe) and will pay for extra magazines without whimpering. Sic. BOGUS

This thread was from March. Like Savage stated, SIG has been shipping 2 magazines (Classic Series only) now for the past couple months.

Guest bkelm18

Easy there, killer. Don't like it? Don't give them your money. Fairly simple really. But as has been stated, they have since changed this and are shipping with 2 mags now. :hyper:

This is an old thread

GunPundit Blog Archive SIG SAUER Ramped Up Mag Production

SIG SAUER Ramped Up Mag Production

June 6th, 2009

Press release:

SIG SAUER® Standard Commercial Pistols To Resume Shipping with Two Magazines

EXETER, NH (June 5, 2009) – SIG SAUER, the leading manufacturer of military, law enforcement, government agency and commercial firearms, will resume shipping all standard commercial pistols with two magazines. SIG SAUER suppliers increased production to meet the heightened consumer demand, thus allowing SIG SAUER to resume shipping two magazines with every commercial handgun.

Previously, SIG SAUER had announced effective March 20, 2009, that all standard commercial pistols would ship with a single magazine. Models that included more than two magazines were not affected. Shipments to distributors and dealers with the two magazines in each pistol will commence immediately.

Didn't see there was a page 4 on the thread.