Tikka rifles

MisterDanP

I've got 2 a T3x Lite in .30-06 & a T3 Superlight Hunter in 6.5x55. 

I honestly believe they're the best rifle you can possibly buy, under a grand. The action is like oiled glass, the trigger is spectacular & you will not find a more accurate, out of the box rifle anywhere. With the advent of prefit barrels, they're a brilliant base action for a custom build, although aftermarket stock makers are lagging behind.

I think a lot of folks are maybe a bit offput by them being a 'budget' gun, being that they're Sako's cheaper option, but they're every bit as good a a model 85.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...

I have Ruger 77s & Remington 700s & my Tikka T3 is better than both in regards to action smoothness & metal to metal fit. The Tikka trigger is better as well. Many find the Tikka's to be very accurate but mine must be the exception (.338 Win Mag that won't do better than 2", three shot groups @ 100 yards.) But I'm still trying different ammo so maybe I'Il find something it likes @ some point. It's accuracy hasn't held it back as it has helped me take an elk and a bison so far.

For the money, I would definitely recommend the Tikka T3 to others & will likely buy others for myself. Only real nit to pick is I do not like the plastic bottom "metal" but I can't say I've ever heard it causing a problem for anyone. But I like my action screws to bear on metal when snugged up...not plastic. Just a "me" thing. There are companies that sell bottom metal that is actually metal so its a 'fixable' situation.

Tikka - they're good rifles! I was surprised.