Looking at a new car

Guest m&pc9

Guest m&pc9

I looking at buying a new car for my wife. And my first offer was about %22 off msrp. And the manager shook my hand and thanked me for coming in. I thought it was a good starting point. What do you guys think? Of course I know they will be calling. And it leaves me room to come up but what would be a good price.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EasilyObsessed
They said invoice was 23000 and I offered 19000

Its a nissan altima

So, taking into account the $1500 rebate you mentioned, you offered them an amount which would end with them LOSING $2500 dollars? How seriously did you expect them to take you?

Guest m&pc9
So, taking into account the $1500 rebate you mentioned, you offered them an amount which would end with them LOSING $2500 dollars? How seriously did you expect them to take you?

Well, I dont know how much they paid for the car.

They said invoice was 23000 and I offered 19000

Its a nissan altima

Call my buddy @ Blue Ridge Nissan 888-517-6754....Ask for Ryan Mathesius....he owns the place...tell him Bill from Kingsport told you to call.....tell him what your looking @ (model, year, options, etc.).....he'll give you a price. He might be able to save you some money.

Great people and fair prices...It would be a long drive for you(although he brought one to me once), so, you probably wouldnt buy from him, but, it would give you a good idea on how much to offer.

Guest m&pc9
Call my buddy @ Blue Ridge Nissan 888-517-6754....Ask for Ryan Mathesius....he owns the place...tell him Bill from Kingsport told you to call.....tell him what your looking @ (model, year, options, etc.).....he'll give you a price. He might be able to save you some money.

Great people and fair prices...It would be a long drive for you(although he brought one to me once), so, you probably wouldnt buy from him, but, it would give you a good idea on how much to offer.

Is he in kingsport. Thats where I was born and raised

Personally, I've bought my last Nissan. We have a 2005 Nissan Quest we bought brand new. It now has 63,000 miles and this is our third set of brakes at $450 a pop on the thing. I have other issues with the van as well and will not buy another one. It just seems cheap.

My Parents have a 2007 Chrysler LXI minivan that is twice the van and have had no problems out of it. I'm not a big Chrylser fan, but I've driven it when the Nissan was in the shop and it's far nicer.

I think my next van is going to be a Honda.

Personally, I've bought my last Nissan. We have a 2005 Nissan Quest we bought brand new. It now has 63,000 miles and this is our third set of brakes at $450 a pop on the thing. I have other issues with the van as well and will not buy another one. It just seems cheap.

My Parents have a 2007 Chrysler LXI minivan that is twice the van and have had no problems out of it. I'm not a big Chrylser fan, but I've driven it when the Nissan was in the shop and it's far nicer.

I think my next van is going to be a Honda.

Well...I am going to respectfully disagree...although I havent owned a Quest...I have had 7 Nissans in a row now, and never a problem with any of them.

Guest m&pc9

We have a 2001 Altima right now. With 130,000 miles and has never been in the shop. But we had a Quest before the altima and it had electrical problems.

We have a 2001 Altima right now. With 130,000 miles and has never been in the shop. But we had a Quest before the altima and it had electrical problems.

Must be a problem with the Quests.

I have had really good luck with Nissans....just cant see myself driving anything else....

Must be a problem with the Quests.

I have had really good luck with Nissans....just cant see myself driving anything else....

Never owned a Nissan personally, but I have a friend who drove the absolute pi$$ out of his 3rd Gen Maxima and never had problem one. When he finally got rid of it, it had 240-something thousand miles on the original engine and tranny. He's not the most meticulous about maintenance, nor did he drive it like a granny by ANY means.

At least if you buy a new car the "goverment will be standing behind your repairs and warranty" at least thats what the o said on tv starting yesterday buy without fear...and even may be able to write off the taxes...If thats what I heard right. I DO NOT think the government should be doing this with our tax money buy hey at least you will have it going for ya if you do buy new.

Guest db99wj

How close to invoice is a car if they are offering employee pricing and some cash back incentives? The employee pricing appears to be about 10% off MSRP and $1000 to $2000 in cash back.

Guest m&pc9
How close to invoice is a car if they are offering employee pricing and some cash back incentives? The employee pricing appears to be about 10% off MSRP and $1000 to $2000 in cash back.

that sounds close to what I offered

If the vehicle in discussion has been on their lot over 90 days chances are they are paying around 10% floor planning on it a month. It does not take long for the true overall cost to the dealer to be so high he may take a loss on the vehicle to get rid of it. Yes, loss does happen but the dealer is reluctant to admit it. There are usually dealer hold backs that may or may not off set his loss. Options make a large difference in cost and profit potential to dealer.

Make certain you are dealing with an experienced sales person, preferably a sales manager. Make certain he knows you are a strong buyer and are going to buy a vehicle.

IMO, your offer was something they have got to look at seriously unless the model is a very hot item right now. A call to him may not hurt.

Good luck.

oldogy