Ham Glaze

So I've found one that has brown sugar, orange juice and orange zest, pineapple juice, and dijon mustard.  It will have a hint of sweetness, orange, and the mustard will add some tang.  It is not a thick sauce and the ham is spiral sliced, so you "paint" it on between the slices and bake the ham.  It will not be saucy but as I was looking for more of a light coating of glaze, it should work out well.

gregintenn:  I am going to finish the top of the ham with some hickory smoked BBQ sauce right before it comes from the oven.🙂

So basically I mixed everyone's ideas and a few of my own, and it made a delicious ham glaze!

1/2 cup light brown sugar

1/3 cup honey

1/3 cup orange juice

Zest of one half orange

1/3 cup pineapple juice

1/4 cup hickory smoke BBQ sauce

2 TBLP dijon mustard

Dash of salt

Mix all, bring to a boil, and let cool.  Cook the ham until you like it, turn oven up to 400, put the glaze on the ham, let it carmelize on the ham . . . and enjoy!

Thanks all!

• Thanks 2

That does sound pretty good. I smoked a cumin injected turkey. Wife’s sister brought a ham. It was a very nice day for a family get together.

Drippings from the water pan after you’ve smoked a turkey makes a wonderful base for gravy.👍

Edited by gregintenn

Daughter made a glaze from scratch, good stuff, please do not ask what was in it, I did not pay no mind. Son and family came over, DIL makes a chocoholic(yes I did that) pie that is to die for. Grand daughter hunted eggs, road the tractor(mower, she does not know the diff yet, LOL )threw rocks into the creek. All in all had a great Easter, He has Risen, God Bless.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Luckyforward said:

So basically I mixed everyone's ideas and a few of my own, and it made a delicious ham glaze!

1/2 cup light brown sugar

1/3 cup honey

1/3 cup orange juice

Zest of one half orange

1/3 cup pineapple juice

1/4 cup hickory smoke BBQ sauce

2 TBLP dijon mustard

Dash of salt

Mix all, bring to a boil, and let cool.  Cook the ham until you like it, turn oven up to 400, put the glaze on the ham, let it carmelize on the ham . . . and enjoy!

Thanks all!

That sounds like it was probably really good