An echo of an echo… of an echo?

So while I’m waiting on my new FN stainless hi power to finally arrive from the land of “back-order”, I picked up a cheap toy to amuse myself and study.  I am reminded of someone I once knew whose entire gun collection was based solely on initial price point but in this case the gamble really paid off!  I stood amazed as I examined and shot this for the first time in between sighting in my “higher dollar acquisitions” of the last few weeks.  The all stainless steel SAR 2000 is a Turkish clone of the CZ 75 with a few influences from Tanfoglio.  In addition, (and I’m watching for the lightning strikes here) I feel it really channels  JMB’s hi power.  There I said it.  Beyond this, I can’t ****ing believe how well it fits the hand.  It’s a thick grip with tactile soft rubber panels and an unbelievable backbone that arches into the palm of my medium sized hands like the perfect spoon.  Being all stainless the 9mm recoil is laughable and I was expecting to fell more of the weight but with that incredible hand fitment, it just feels more like a natural hand extension.  I also was expecting to see some signs of a break-in period but even with varying steel cased and very questionable loose rounds from my non-insulated storage areas- it just won’t FTF or demonstrate less than perfect operation.  Did I mention that I bought this NIB from locked&loaded for $379 tax free?  Sometimes—just sometimes backorders aren’t so bad.  Sights are fantastic btw & CZ75B mags fit which boost you from 17 round to 19 round if you get the competition editions.  It runs like a race gun so why not?

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0858.jpeg

• Like 7
4 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

watch that booger hook my dude.

Oh absolutely!  The pics were from first unboxing, directly after chamber visualization.  She hadn’t seen any bullets yet.  That’s when I usually first assess trigger pull as there is much to take in on a new DA/SA gun.  Trigger is fantastic both ways btw. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, CMDRStormBorn said:

Oh absolutely!  The pics were from first unboxing, directly after chamber visualization.  She hadn’t seen any bullets yet.  That’s when I usually first assess trigger pull as there is much to take in on a new DA/SA gun.  Trigger is fantastic both ways btw. 

I've only bought one NIB CZ and it's trigger was a bit gritty for the first few hundred rounds. Since this is a clone, I'm shocked the Turks hit that price point and could still afford to polish all internals to get a smooth trigger.

1 hour ago, BigK said:

I've only bought one NIB CZ and it's trigger was a bit gritty for the first few hundred rounds. Since this is a clone, I'm shocked the Turks hit that price point and could still afford to polish all internals to get a smooth trigger.

No more shocked than me.  I want to believe that any gun at this price point is a crapshoot and a problem free is unlikely.  Yet here it is, and I even read about early versions of this pistol (they’ve made it enough years to be a few generations in) being a gamble or possible “project”.  I’ve also read that the manufacturer among other things has 500 employees and over 10% are engineers.  That’s actually out there along with a lot of fascinating details about the company as it’s pedigree runs well over a century (founded in 1880).  Massad Ayoob is certainly familiar with them & approves.

• Like 1

When I worked at a Virginia gun store during Covid, we sold the heck out of SAR handguns and never had a problem with them. Turkish AR looking 12 Gauges and Bullpups? THAT'S another story, but they can make a pistol or two, yes sir! I've handled the SAR like is on the manual in your picture, they are really something, you could tell there was some senior level hand fitting that went into that.