I spoke wwith a friend of mine who works for Chattanooga Shooting Supplies. Primers are not to be found at this time and CCI has a 6-8 month back order on them. I have looked at several online vendors and have had no luck finding any primers. Does anyone know where to get them?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 1,500 Winchester large pistol primers i purchased back around '90-'93 (was reloading 10mm). They have just been sitting in a closet. Should these still be good?

I have been thinking of getting back into reloading, but sounds like that won't help as much these days with the cost/supply issues :rolleyes: I know reloading can be a fun hobby on it's own though..... I would most likely be reloading for 9mm, and would need small primers anyway.

Will probably be putting them up for sale/trade soon. Will post back here when i do. IF you guys think they will still be good after this long?

I spoke wwith a friend of mine who works for Chattanooga Shooting Supplies. Primers are not to be found at this time and CCI has a 6-8 month back order on them. I have looked at several online vendors and have had no luck finding any primers. Does anyone know where to get them?

1000 CCI #350 LARGE PISTOL MAGNUM PRIMERS MAG : Supplies at GunBroker.com

5,000 Winchester Small Pistol Magnum WSPM NR! : Supplies at GunBroker.com

Just a couple of examples for you to look at.

they are hard to find,,,i know i have looked. when you do find some they are priced high. the going rate is close to $40.00 plus tax a thousand. i will remember the stores that upped the prices just to make money during these times.

Reloaders Bench in Mount Juliet has CCI Primers. They are limited the number of boxes you can purchase. I got me 4 boxes today.

They were stocking the shelves when I was in there on Saturday. Looked like they had plenty left.

Guest Mugster
Thats not bad compared to an auction I saw on Gunbroker that sold 1000 CCI primers for $125. Thats ridiculous! :screwy:

I won't pay more than $30-40/1000

Haha, thats about what I was wanting to pay for my finished .223 ammo! I have a stockage that should last awhile, but geebus, things don't look so rosy.

So,who was it that said they had enough ammo and components if TSHTF.:tinfoil:

So, has anyone noticed if Powder is equally hard to get???

Powder seems to be available at the Reloaders Bench. Primers are more difficult to find than powder right now. I ordered a set of pistol dies from Dillon a week again and just found out they are backordered.

Guest 70below

outdoorsportsdepot.com seems to have federal small pistol primers in stock for $158 per 5000

I'd chip in on a 1k or two if someone near Knoxville wanted to make an order but didn't need 'em all.