On Target Shooting Sports Hermitage/Nashville

On 10/7/2023 at 8:07 PM, Je4444 said:

I just heard it will be a store in Lebanon. Silencershop and the atf are aware of what is happening. Some stuff should get expedited and the other stuff will simply get moved. The other store should be taking over the ffl/sot so i believe the other stuff will just be moved to the new location and all progress should stay the same. I am not the nfa expert but that is my understanding. I got some nfa stuff there to so i was also concerned.

Hi.  Just wondering if you got this info from Silencershop, atf, or somewhere else?  I was just composing an email to SS customer support when I found this message board.  I had a can in jail at On Target Hermitage and am honestly kind of freaking out now.  I talked to a friend tonight who has some inside knowledge.  He wasn't sure who would be getting the NFA stuff, but signs point to Outpost.  Any idea which shop in Lebonon it might be?  Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Slinger65 said:

Hi.  Just wondering if you got this info from Silencershop, atf, or somewhere else?  I was just composing an email to SS customer support when I found this message board.  I had a can in jail at On Target Hermitage and am honestly kind of freaking out now.  I talked to a friend tonight who has some inside knowledge.  He wasn't sure who would be getting the NFA stuff, but signs point to Outpost.  Any idea which shop in Lebonon it might be?  Thanks. 

Firearms Pharmacy has a Silencershop Kiosk so I would assume it would be them. Give them a shout. They seem like alright people. Only been in there once or twice.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Burnman5000 said:

Firearms Pharmacy has a Silencershop Kiosk so I would assume it would be them. Give them a shout. They seem like alright people. Only been in there once or twice.

Firearms Pharmacy is owned and operated by my buddy Jacob.  He's a good dude and I was pleasantly surprised to see him getting into the FFL world.  Some of you guys involved in Safari Club International in the Nashville area probably know him too.

• Love 1

On Target posted to their Facebook page on 10/5 that they would be sending emails to customers with NFA items within the coming week.  It has now been over a week and I never got an email or any of their kind of contact from them.  I went down the internet  rabbit hole and there is so much conflicting info out there about how to handle situations like this, it is very confusing and frustrating.  I’m not sure what to do next.  Did any of you actually get an email from them last week?

On 10/13/2023 at 12:36 AM, Slinger65 said:

Got the info from some other old employees. Last i heard it looks like they are trying to work with the pharmacy taking the nfa stuff. If that does happen they will be in very good hands over there.

On 10/13/2023 at 8:54 AM, TGO David said:

Firearms Pharmacy is owned and operated by my buddy Jacob.  He's a good dude and I was pleasantly surprised to see him getting into the FFL world.  Some of you guys involved in Safari Club International in the Nashville area probably know him too.

The guy in charge of there nfa stuff in extreamly knowledgeable and a very good dude so im sure thay helped a ton.

2 hours ago, Je4444 said:

The guy in charge of there nfa stuff in extreamly knowledgeable and a very good dude so im sure thay helped a ton.

Can confirm.  I reached out and they gave me a very quick response and were super helpful.  From the sound of things, the Pharmacy is going to be the place that steps in to clean up the mess that was left by OTSS.

2 hours ago, Je4444 said:

Got the info from some other old employees. Last i heard it looks like they are trying to work with the pharmacy taking the nfa stuff. If that does happen they will be in very good hands over there.

Do we know what happened? I live in Hermitage and with this range closed there is nowhere close to go. Plus I need to contact someone about my membership.  I'm desperate 😭. If anyone has info on the closing other than nfa stuff please post.  Again... desperate!

I think those with memberships (me included) are out of luck.  As someone said earlier, they purchased Guns and Leather in Hermitage.  If Hendersonville isn't too far, you might try there.   Outpost Armory's facebook page says free 3-month membership if you have proof of active membership at OnTarget.

image.png.b863db7f6ff798509e11260fff55337d.png

• Thanks 1
On 10/20/2023 at 7:32 PM, whoopskee said:

Do we know what happened? I live in Hermitage and with this range closed there is nowhere close to go. Plus I need to contact someone about my membership.  I'm desperate 😭. If anyone has info on the closing other than nfa stuff please post.  Again... desperate!

Owners ran out of money and buisness was slow. As far as memberships im pretty sure everyone is out of luck. There wasnt money to pay bills let alone issue a bunch of refunds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2023 at 9:01 PM, Je4444 said:

Im starting to see expedited can approvals from buddies with cans at on target. Ill update once they learn where pick up location is.

I got an expedited approval and picked up my can on 10/18 at the OT M'boro location (even though I used the Hermitage location for the initial purchase).  The transfer was facilitated by Tylar from Firearms Pharmacy in Lebanon, TN.  He was helpful and friendly.  He said they were able to get about 200 of the 400 cans that were in jail to their owners within just a few days once they got started.  I live in Mount Juliet and have not yet been to Firearms Pharmacy as a customer, but I will definitely consider them going forward.  They also have a Silencershop kiosk and an indoor range. 

• Like 1

I was impressed with Firearms Pharmacy as a customer. Bought an old S&W revolver on consignment at a good price. Enjoyed talking with the salesman, he said he was hoping to get more pre owned guns on the shelves.  I didn’t ask but with that name I assume they are also a gunsmith shop? 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI. After the debacle at On Target, Hermitage...I was resigned to no close range for me. My mobility issues make it difficult for an outdoor range, and GlockSport is totally out of the question for me. Didn't want a long drive either.

Just recently a friend told me of Range USA. So I went out to Goodletsville to check them out. Very impressed with the building and the people. Gun stock seems pretty good to me. Ammo is fair. It's the cleanest, best smelling range I've ever been in! No fancy gimmicks on the range. Just electric trolley and an RSO. Like the latter.

The people I've taalked with are personable, knowledgable, and friendly.

Store manager...Job(Pronounced Jobe) also is a veteran....is great. Although very busy, he took the time to walk me thru everything. Memberships run on monthy charges with CC or Debit card. Varying levels and privilages. 

I like what I saw. But after being burnt at OT, I waited until last week to sign in.

As I said, I'm happy with them, at least for now. So I can honestly say I'd recomment them for the East Nashville to Hendersonville people looking for a place.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 11/3/2023 at 7:11 AM, Gurn said:

I was impressed with Firearms Pharmacy as a customer. Bought an old S&W revolver on consignment at a good price. Enjoyed talking with the salesman, he said he was hoping to get more pre owned guns on the shelves.  I didn’t ask but with that name I assume they are also a gunsmith shop? 

Same.  I have been back to their range a couple of times since then.  Last time I was in, I brought home  a rifle I wasn't planning on buying.  Very friendly staff there.  Surprisingly good selection for such a small shop, too.

Edited by Slinger65