Ammo Restrictions Bill Introduced in Senate

I’ve always held the belief that this is how they’ll implement gun control. Tax the hell out of it, more restrictions on imports, make it so the common man can’t afford it like they did with the NFA back in the day. My dad will still pull out his CCW at bass pro when we buy ammo in TN and the cashier is always kinda confused. 

Buy cheap and stack deep. Since they banned Russian imports a few years ago look at the price of 7.62. Primers are through the roof. They don’t have to disarm a population if the population can’t find accessible ammo. JMHO. 

• Like 1

I have posted this before. When the British marched on Concorde and Lexington, they were after the canon, the powder and the shot(lead). They went to Boston to get the ships that had the Canon and powder and shot on them as well. The British knew that if the common man did not have powder or lead, all he ended up with was having a club to fight with. It will never make it past the courts. Well, unless this country goes to hell in a handbasket, and the Dems hold power for more years than we can think about and appoint a leftest commie Supreme Court.

Edited by RED333
Because I can
  • Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

We need to watch this, but it probably won't even pass the Senate, and pretty sure won't pass the House.

As a side note, I wondered when the Lefties would go after ammo. I'm even hesitant to say it for fear that some of the banners would see it, but if you have no ammo you could have a safe as big as Ft Knox full of guns and they wouldn't be worth anything without ammo.

This kind of thing already exists in California, you know. One must undergo a background check just to buy a box of ammo. One of my friends was denied recently and he has no idea  why. He's a law-abiding veteran with a civil-service job and grandkids, but the state said he couldn't have a box of 380 ammo. I told him to buy a reloading setup to be sure that could never happen again.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, Darrell said:

This kind of thing already exists in California, you know. One must undergo a background check just to buy a box of ammo. One of my friends was denied recently and he has no idea  why. He's a law-abiding veteran with a civil-service job and grandkids, but the state said he couldn't have a box of 380 ammo. I told him to buy a reloading setup to be sure that could never happen again.

The very reason I reload, from 25 ACP to 12 ga.

• Like 2

@Darrell, the likely reason he couldn't buy the 380 ammo is he doesn't have a firearm registered with CFARS in that caliber.

No need to register all firearms, just one then the bkgd should go through (barring other legal reasons)

Dumb, Yes but hey, it's CA... I lived there until last June, so glad I got out of there

Good luck