HK Mk4.....Good or bad?

Guest kdpate

Guest kdpate

I just inherited a few handguns that my dad owned before he passed away several years ago. One of them is a HK Mk4 with interchangeable barrels. I spent last night reading the manual that came with it (still has the original box). It seems like it would be a good lightweight handgun to carry and take the HCP course with. Thoughts on it???? :stare:

HKmk4.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

That's a nice gun! HK is a very good brand, and everyone who owns them loves them.

That is a great carry pistol, get a nice IWB holster and you'll be good to go.

PS - I'm sorry to hear about your father.

SAFE QUEEN!!!!!

You inherited the Holy Grail of HKs. That is the first HK production pistol, EVER.

In most hardcore HK circles, that is the most lusted after pistol they made. Put her away, clean her occasionally, even shoot her if you want *wince*. But don't ever put her in a situation where you could lose her.

HOLY CRAP...I just saw this thread. Don't EVER give that away!!! Like kegger said...you inherited THE holy grail of HK's.

Read up on it...

HK 4

Now go join hkpro.com and youll find individuals who would be willing to sell their soul to have that. Baby that thing.

Edited by PaiMei
Guest kdpate
Haven't seen one of those in a couple of years. Looking good. 380 or 22?

Right now it has the .22LR barrel installed. I have the kit for it to convert it to a 7.65 (.32) barrel.

I would keep her a safe queen.
SAFE QUEEN!!!!!

You inherited the Holy Grail of HKs. That is the first HK production pistol, EVER..

HOLY CRAP...I just saw this thread. Don't EVER give that away!!! Like kegger said...you inherited THE holy grail of HK's.

Now go join hkpro.com and youll find individuals who would be willing to sell their soul to have that. Baby that thing.

Jed.....you just struck "black gold" :P

Holy crap!!!!!! I just read the links and did not realize how important this handgun would be...:screwy::eek: Thanks for the info guys.

Looks like I might have to keep this in the cabinet and look for something else to carry.

It's okay on the loss guys. My dad passed away 9 yrs ago this Oct. Just took us this long to finally go through the gun safe to see what all was in there. Mom gave me the handguns and kept the shotguns/ rifles until I get my own safe.

They are a great little pistol. Pick up the 9k bbl and spring. You'll be glad you did. I have 3 of them and would never part with them. You might not want to carry it, but definitely shoot. Be careful that you change spring and bbl when converting. Some people cracked the frames and ruined the pistols by changing bbl's and not the springs. There was a time when there was criticism of the pistol that the frames were bad. Eventually the truth came out that every single case of a cracked frame occurred when the owner used the 9k bbl and the .22 spring.

I wouldn't say it is the holy grail of HK pistols as the most devout of HK fans buy up the venerable P7, which I carry, and its variations, some of which bring several thousand dollars. However the HK4 has withstood the test of time, it is still bought by HK aficionados and they cost more today than they did new. As with many things HK they were very innovative pistols for their time.