S&W revolver expert sought

It looks a little rough from what I can tell in the pics. Assuming it’s mechanically sound, I’d guess $500-600. Were it in really good condition, I’d double that.

I have a pair of them with 4” barrels in similar condition. I paid $300 apiece, but that’s been a while. They are good shooters.

Just one man’s opinion. Let’s hear what others say.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

It looks a little rough from what I can tell in the pics. Assuming it’s mechanically sound, I’d guess $500-600. Were it in really good condition, I’d double that.

I have a pair of them with 4” barrels in similar condition. I paid $300 apiece, but that’s been a while. They are good shooters.

Just one man’s opinion. Let’s hear what others say.

It looks better than the pics. Lighting is funky with flash and everything.

• Like 1

Ugh, I knew it was going to be a “what is it worth” question.

As @gregintennmentioned to finish looks rough.  Obviously, the grips are not original, but neither is the cylinder latch, it is from a a much later model/era.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1

Here is some better pics. There's holster wear at the muzzle and the leading edge at the cylinder. An older man kept it in the holster in a drawer till Dad bought it years back.

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3356.JPG

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Ugh, I knew it was going to be a “what is it worth” question.

As @gregintennmentioned to finish looks rough.  Obviously, the grips are not original, but neither is the cylinder latch, it is from a a much later model/era.

I put the latch on there because I had it and speed loaders worked better with it. 

• Like 2

Sorry if it wasn’t what you wanted to hear. You see big prices on the internet, and collectors are paying those prices for pristine examples. If you have the original grips, you can add another $100 or so.

1 minute ago, gregintenn said:

Sorry if it wasn’t what you wanted to hear. You see big prices on the internet, and collectors are paying those prices for pristine examples. If you have the original grips, you can add another $100 or so.

Nothing to be sorry about. That's why I asked. I could have just went with gunbroker values, which are all over the place, and knocked off $200 because I dont have the box and grips lol

• Like 2

Were I selling it, I’d price it high and see what happened. You can always drop the price until it sells. The 19 is definitely in demand, and many people, myself included, would prefer an affordable example they can shoot rather than a new in box revolver they can only sit and look at.

• Like 3
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Were I selling it, I’d price it high and see what happened. You can always drop the price until it sells. The 19 is definitely in demand, and many people, myself included, would prefer an affordable example they can shoot rather than a new in box revolver they can only sit and look at.

This. If I was selling I'd price 750 to 850 range. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

I have twelve model 19s. I'd have to agree that with the holster wear and non standard grips it's probably $500 to $600 range. Original box will add some to that. 

^^^Here’s a man who likes model 19s!^^^

I thought I had a problem. Lol

• Haha 2

I don't know if I'm gonna sale it or not. Just got to wondering what it was worth. It's a shooter example for sure but its a 45+ year old gun that wasn't bought to be a safe queen. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Spiffy said:

I don't know if I'm gonna sale it or not. Just got to wondering what it was worth. It's a shooter example for sure but its a 45+ year old gun that wasn't bought to be a safe queen. 

I don’t own a safe queen. I’m an accumulator, not a collector.

• Like 2
  • Moderators
Just now, Spiffy said:

Well I have to give a hard vote for don't sell it. It will only go up in value. Strap it on, go shoot and have some fun. 

• Like 1
Just now, gregintenn said:

I don’t own a safe queen. I’m an accumulator, not a collector.

I've only got 2 and they aren't really in Safe Queen condition. The P7 but that's more because parts are hard to get if it breaks and that damn reoccurring nightmare where it doesn't fire when I need it to. And a Taurus PT99-AF because it's the first gun I ever bought and it earned it's life of luxury and oil. 

• Like 2
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

^^^Here’s a man who likes model 19s!^^^

I thought I had a problem. Lol

Pre-lock Smith&Wesson revolvers are a serious problem for me. 629s and 66s even worse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, TripleGGG said:

Pre-lock Smith&Wesson revolvers are a serious problem for me. 629s and 66s even worse. 

I dug out and old pre 34 I forgot I had and shot it for the first time today. That little thing it a hoot!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

I got a rough 629 with a f'd up screw because I put a scope mount on it at one point.........but I only got $200 in it to start with. Probably why I have hand issues now because I got into reloading 9mm and 44 mag and I shot it a lot in my young adulthood.

• Like 1

Well the man asked for an expert, so here I am. 🤪 Expert at shooting them anyway. 

I agree with others, that poor thing is so rough I don't think anybody would buy it anyway. So I'm here to solve your problem. I'll send you my address, along with adoption papers for you to sign, and then you can ship it to a loving home. 

I know, I know, I'm just a bucket full of help this morning. 😇

• Like 1