AR with the 22lr Conversion

Guest TennFarmer

Guest TennFarmer

I recently purchased a 22lr CMMG coversion from Joe at HeroGear and I need to say that me and my 12 year old love shooting that thing. It came with one BlackDog 27 round mag. My thumbs hurt from loading over and over..lol. Picked up 2 more ProMags from Copes for a sweet deal ($22 each) so at least we can shoot more before my thumbs give out. If you don't have one, its fun and cheap shootin'.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a Ceiner .22 kit last October because I could see what was comming and boy am I glad I did. With 5.56 prices so high if I didnt have the .22 kit I wouldnt be shooting my AR's period. .50 cents everytime you pull the trigger is too expensive to shoot very much.

-Jason G

Guest TennFarmer
TennFarmer me and my friend just got the CMMG conversion kits...havent had a chance to test em yet...anything we should know or look out for?

Just an addication to shoot a bunch of 22lr rounds :hyper: Absoutely no problems with mine.

Guest krater

I gave my Ceiner kit to someone I didnt like. I bought a Spikes with some Blackdogs and LOVE it. Thank god there's someone making kits now that isnt an ahole.

Guest TennFarmer

My CMMG kit has ran on several different brands of 22lr (gold and black tip), no problems. I've got the BlackDog mag and a couple of Pro-Mags, runs great. I've probably run 400 rounds thru it now, zero hang-ups. Joe @ Hero Gear had them for $189 I think. That was the kit with the BlackDog. Ran great with the Pro-Mag too

Copes Black Dog Mags

Cope's Distributing

Copes had this deal too, wow...I picked up a few of them too.

Cope's Distributing

Guest docvantrease2003

i bought my 22 kit last oct. at the creek it is a ceiner.no problems runs great now my ar will not stay in the dark

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the reviews...

have a question:

running the conversion, any of them, i'm curious about accuracy and also about cleaning the AR after... i'm specifically wondering how much carbon and crap is going into the gas system and how much more, if any, cleaning does it take to clear your gas system. do these things run filthy?

I want to be able to go back to my defensive rifle setup without any question of S**T mucking up my gas impingment system. till i go piston, i want to stay as reliable as possible when in 5.56 mode....

thanks~

Guest VolGrad

Drop-in kits run around $200. You can also get a dedicated .22lr upper for $500-600. I have a Tactical Solutions dedicated upper on order now as I was worried about gunk build up in my HD weapon. I was also worried about switching optics or adjusting POA between calibers. Well .... that and I just wanted a dedicated upper so I could use my Aviator on it.

Guest abailey362

cleaning is easy...just spray it with birchwood casey and let it drip out and throw alittle oil on it.

The only thing that mine won't eat is winchester bulk pack