iPad Issue

I mostly peruse TGO on my iPad Pro. Periodically, the Unread Content and Mark Site Read buttons disappear.  I’m sure I’m doing something or not doing something to make this happen, but it sure seems random.  I leave a browser open with several tabs including one with TGO all the time.  I do the same on my windows computer and it doesn’t happen there.  Anyway, after a day or so, without me doing anything, it reverts back and shows those buttons again.  Not sure if I’m explaining this right, but it’s not a huge deal, but I’m kinda anal about how I view and interact online and I find this annoying, LOL.  Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Defender
34 minutes ago, LangdoniousRex said:

What browser are you using? Safari is mediocre at best on all Apple devices. Chrome is another option. Firefox, as well.

Safari.  I have Chrome on it as well, just prefer safari.

35 minutes ago, Defender said:

Safari.  I have Chrome on it as well, just prefer safari.

Safari is likely the root of your issue. Best thing to do is to perform the same test in Chrome and see if the results are the same or different. That will tell you where the issue actually lies.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LangdoniousRex said:

Safari is likely the root of your issue. Best thing to do is to perform the same test in Chrome and see if the results are the same or different. That will tell you where the issue actually lies.

I’ll try that, but if it is safari, is there a fix?

• 1 month later...

Got tired of fooling with back in Feb, but just now tried loading TGO in Chrome on my iPad.  Happens with chrome the same as with safari.  No mark site read button or unread content  button.

IMG_1476.png

2 minutes ago, Defender said:

Got tired of fooling with back in Feb, but just now tried loading TGO in Chrome on my iPad.  Happens with chrome the same as with safari.  No mark site read button or unread content  button.

IMG_1476.png

Make sure you are logged in, then press the ellipses (three dots) to the right of the web address and make sure "Desktop Site" is checked.  Maybe that will bring it back to normal.

It’s not doing that at the moment, it’s sporadic. I will try it tho.  I see those dots in chrome, but not safari.  What I don’t understand is how sporadic it seems.  Thanks for the help.

2 minutes ago, Defender said:

Well, still have no clue why these two buttons come and go in Safari, but I did discover that I can “mark all read” and “show unread content”  in the 3 lines menu at the top right, so when my buttons disappear, I can still do that!

I noticed that while on my phone, some stuff disappears when in portrait mode vs landscape, try spinning the tablet 90 deg when you see that.

3 hours ago, Omega said:

I noticed that while on my phone, some stuff disappears when in portrait mode vs landscape, try spinning the tablet 90 deg when you see that.

Son of a gun!  That’s exactly right.   Now I’m questioning myself as to whether it’s random, or just related to which orientation my iPad is in, as I read it in both orientations. Now I’ll have to watch to see if that is always the case. If so, seems a rather poor design for an iPad to be setup that way with the screen bring so much bigger than a phone, or, as Red in That 70s Show would say, Defender, you dumba**!

Thank you, Omega! 

Edited by Defender
1 hour ago, Defender said:

Son of a gun!  That’s exactly right.   Now I’m questioning myself as to whether it’s random, or just related to which orientation my iPad is in, as I read it in both orientations. Now I’ll have to watch to see if that is always the case. If so, seems a rather poor design for an iPad to be setup that way with the screen bring so much bigger than a phone, or, as Red in That 70s Show would say, Defender, you dumba**!

Thank you, Omega! 

In this it is not , really, the iPad.  HTML has some quirks that some sites use to try and give you a little more real estate  depending on orientation.  Some type of responsive web design that affects phones and tablets.  If you can find the setting for Desktop Site it should stop that.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Omega said:

In this it is not , really, the iPad.  HTML has some quirks that some sites use to try and give you a little more real estate  depending on orientation.  Some type of responsive web design that affects phones and tablets.  If you can find the setting for Desktop Site it should stop that.

Found that setting but it is already enabled.  Now that I know it’s to do with orientation and not random, I can deal with it. I sometimes read in landscape and sometimes in portrait.  In my old age I never thought to look at how I was using it. I was thinking I wasn’t doing anything different.  I good now. Thanks for the help!

• Like 1