Walmart 22LR bricks

Guest Rem_700

Guest Rem_700

Anybody know of any walmarts that are actually are selling/have in stock this stuff?I ain't seen none in the 3 walmarts by me in a long time.I managed to pick up 1 brick of remington 550 rounds today at a local gun shop for $20 out the door.He said he has no idea when he will be getting anymore.Any walmarts in east tn have any of this stuff?I have another local shop selling it for $30 plus tax for 550.Seems a bit high though.I do know that cabelas has it on sale for $16.99 for 550.Was hopeing to save me shipping costs.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know of any walmarts that are actually are selling/have in stock this stuff?I ain't seen none in the 3 walmarts by me in a long time.I managed to pick up 1 brick of remington 550 rounds today at a local gun shop for $20 out the door.He said he has no idea when he will be getting anymore.Any walmarts in east tn have any of this stuff?I have another local shop selling it for $30 plus tax for 550.Seems a bit high though.I do know that cabelas has it on sale for $16.99 for 550.Was hopeing to save me shipping costs.

Cabela's has none in stock, on backorder. ordered some on the 5th of April, says 1-2 weeks before getting them in. I think WM has quit selling it, none to be found in ktown. in my daily travels, when i go by a WM i stop and check but nun to be found.

Yeah, I've had some of that Cabelas special price 22 LR on back order since first of April. I've ordered some of the other 22 LR stuff and it is on its way to me.:D More $$ than I had ever imagined but better than sitting around looking at the guns.:)

I picked up a couple hundred rounds 22LR and some 30-06 this morning while in my travels.

oldogy

Guest weemsf

Graf and Sons in MO has some. Champion Shooters also has 22LR in stock. I should get 1000 rounds today, 750 of WIN HP's and 250 Eley sport. Cost $70 delivered to my door.

Edited by weemsf
forgot how many I ordered

Clarksville Walmart (Ft Campbell Blvd) had a decent shippment of this in this past weekend. I went in on Sunday morning, and noticed 2 boxes of .380 on the shelf (which I grabbed) as ell as about 25-30 boxes of the 550-round .22 ammo (I grabbed a couple as well). Employee said that earlier that morning they had .45, 9mm, .40 which quickly was snapped up.

Yesterday afternoon (Tuesday) my wife called me from Walmart to see which ammo I wanted (she's pretty cool that way). She said that there was 1 box of 550-round .22 ammo left, which she bought me.

Empty shelves today, but perhaps more down the road. Seems to be hit-or-miss with Walmart these days.

Guest Irish_Red

Dick's Sporting Goods on Gallatin Road in Madison/Hendersonville had Bricks of Winchester HP 22Lr for 20.00 a box yesterday.

I bought one.

Damn...Remember when you could pick up a brick of 500 rounds for $6.99?

I've still got a couple of those...but still, I'm beginning to think my current stock is a bit insufficient...

The sad thing is that the reason that the prices increased over those $7 boxes was an increase in lead prices.

Since then the price of lead has tumbled to the lowest it has been in many, many years and the price of that ammo is still high.

in other words...the ammo makers are milking us a little also.

I have about given up on WalMart for ammo. If going by one I might stop in and check, but I am over making trips and phone calls to try to score something.

Cheaper to order off the internet considering time and gas wasted driving around to these places.

Damn...Remember when you could pick up a brick of 500 rounds for $6.99?

I've still got a couple of those...but still, I'm beginning to think my current stock is a bit insufficient...

I know what you mean. In 1983, you could buy a brand new Ruger 10-22 for less than $100 and 1000 rounds (bulk) of ammo for less than $10.

My point is, .22's used to be dirt cheap to shoot.

I know what you mean. In 1983, you could buy a brand new Ruger 10-22 for less than $100 and 1000 rounds (bulk) of ammo for less than $10.

My point is, .22's used to be dirt cheap to shoot.

It's all relative though. $200-$225 is a lot less money to me in 2009 than $100 was in 1983. Or 1993, for that matter.

I try to keep Blazer 22LR Bricks in stock at all times. I have 7 boxes at this time. Sell for $18.50.

Skip