New gun shop in Hermitage TN

Guest benchpresspower

Guest benchpresspower

Just wanted to let everyone know that Nashville Arms has just opened their doors today. They specialize in Class 3 and Pre-Ban Assault weapons. Went in today and met the owner, Steve, good down-to-earth guy and knows his stuff. Located off Central Pike in Hermitage, a great place to check out if your in the neighborhood.

http://www.nashvillearms.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jos2f

Any gun shop that neatly organized has to be expensive :cheers:

Actually I really like how it looks from the pictures, just seems like with a smaller selection like that, their profit would need to be higher per gun (as opposed to a larger selection with less profit built in)

Any gun shop that neatly organized has to be expensive :cheers:

Actually I really like how it looks from the pictures, just seems like with a smaller selection like that, their profit would need to be higher per gun (as opposed to a larger selection with less profit built in)

You'd think so... but lets take, as an example, Franklin Gun shop.. Huge selection.. prices are still ridiculous. They have a 700$ SKS on the rack 'nuff said.

Guest jos2f

Qui, you make a valid point. Can't win em all I guess! Unless this new store has that same SKS for $900, then I might be back on track, somewhat haha.

Yep, there are other shops in the Mid-Ten area that should be able to beat just about anyone on price. If they're buying that much from the distributors to keep that kind of selection, they should be able to buy them cheaper than some of the smaller shops.

On the other hand, Franklin Gun Shop is in a location that may require a higher overhead. It can't be cheap doing business in Franklin. Now, if shops of similar size/inventory are doing business in an old arse building in Hickerbillyville, USA, that's another story.

Guest Rupertus

Checked it out today. Their website tour of the shop is what it is, kind of small and homey like (big comfy couch and all). Not a lot of ammo or too wide range of guns but Steve said to tell him what you're looking for and he'll see what he can do.

Steve was a super nice guy, he said that there will be a grand opening next Saturday with a bluegrass band or something like that.

I say you give the guy a chance, if for no other reason his attitude was great and that goes far in my book...and we always need another gun store. Steve said he'd be glad to just talk guns even if your not looking to buy.

I also saw an ad posted on Craigslist where he's looking for a gunsmith... Professional Gunmith Needed ASAP!

I didn't probe too deep when I stopped by so I'll leave it up to you guys to find the chinks in his armor.

Guest JHatmaker
You'd think so... but lets take, as an example, Franklin Gun shop.. Huge selection.. prices are still ridiculous. They have a 700$ SKS on the rack 'nuff said.

+1 Million

Their selection is great, but their prices are the worst in Tennessee, problem is folks in this area still buy a bunch of guns for them so they keep their prices the same. It's less than 5 minutes from where I live, but I rarely shop their b/c of the cost, makes no sense. Ammo, gear, everything is marked up.

Ok sorry, back on topic, thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check them out next time I'm out that way.

Guest BMcCoy

Went by there today. It is a nice little shop. Not a HUGE selection at this point, but it seems it will build in time. The prices I saw seem to be in line with everyone else. On top of that, the guy is SUPER nice. We talked for a few minutes before I had to go.

Ben

Guest benchpresspower
Rupertus, did you happen to notice any of the prices? Anything stand out as a super deal or anything way overpriced?

Well from what I saw. alot of what he has hanging on the wall is in the 1k to 2k range I think. Ammo I think he said was for .45 cents a round, didn't see any .223, mostly 30-06 but I may be wrong

I also stopped in and will +1 to the Steve is a Great Guy. He had about 8 to 10 Class III's and a few pistols. I did notice what appeared to be a Used G19 with extended threaded barrel for $550. I didn't get a chance to inquire but it looked like new.

• 1 month later...