Honk if you love the .357 SIG Caliber

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

The more and more I shoot my Glock 32, the more I love shooting it compared to my other calibers.

Now I've started looking specifically for guns in this caliber to add to the collection. One that I wish I could have found was my recent aquisition of an HK P2000 SK. I "settled" for .40 S&W, but kinda wished I would have been a little more patient. Oh well....

Anyway, what guns do you own in this under-loved caliber? Pictures are a requested, but not required :)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m&pc9

Honk - May be

I just got a M&P 40c and I want to get a 357 barrel. I couldnt find a 357 anywhere in the M&P line.

Guest JHatmaker

The M&P was on my list as well, and if I would have been able to find one, I probably would have gotten and and been able to save a little bit over the HK. I think they just aren't as popular (understandable w/ ammo being more expensive in this caliber) and shops don't get as many in as a 9mm or .40 S&W.

HONK!!!! Freak'n HONK!!!!:)

Gotta admit I like mine.

But there are things to be aware of!:rofl:

In my USPc it has snap but feels great. I shot a 32 myself and was expecting all this recoil and it was nothing. Shot it as well as my USPc. (Which was disheartening to say the least.)

I read somewhere that from shot to shot they have the least variance when tested than any other calibers tested. I think it was by speer or something. Not sure.

People complain about the price of the ammo, me being one of them! But when you compare it is in the same price category as .45 acp per box and I don't see many people shying away from the .45 acp. Bought in bulk it's not that much more than .40 sw per thousand.

Yup. Love the caliber. Welcome to the club!

(But please be kind to the ladies... they won't be able to help themselves around you at the range. It's... just not... genetically possible. Bless their hearts! They'll just be drawn to you! LOL!!)

The only pistol I had in .357 SIG was a FN Hi-power. 40 converted to .357 SIG. Shot like a dream! A highly unusual combo that proved to be awesome. Ammo cost was my only reason for sticking with 9mm. I also found I can get similar results of the .357 SIG in 9mm +p and +p+. Call me a poor man .357 SIG lover!

i would be all over a xdm in .357sig like a fat kid on cake

i love the .357sig round, had it in a G33 and loved it, ended up selling it and getting something else. kinda regret it now, no make that really regret it now, lol.

wish someone would make a .357sig carbine though, id love that

It's been on my wish list as many other guns are, I've wanted a .357 Sig gun with a .40 barrel that can be converted with a simple barrel change. Don't know if a spring change would be necessary also. The only auto's I've had were the common calibers, 9mm Luger and .45 ACP. Had a .380 and .32 and .25 in the past.

Guest JHatmaker
Honk, Honk!!

Glock 31 and Sig P229 here. The Sig is probably the finest shooting handgun I've had.

I still have yet to come across a P229 in .357 SIG

It's been on my wish list as many other guns are, I've wanted a .357 Sig gun with a .40 barrel that can be converted with a simple barrel change. Don't know if a spring change would be necessary also. The only auto's I've had were the common calibers, 9mm Luger and .45 ACP. Had a .380 and .32 and .25 in the past.

No spring change in my SIG 229

Guest JHatmaker
Love my SIG 229. Has the 357 and the 40 barrels. Best shooter I have ever had. Check my avatar for a pic of this beast. What weight 357 sig you shootin? I like the Winchester 115 gr best.

I've only shot 124 gr Fiocchi and 125 gr Winchester