Springfield XDs Owners check in.

Punisher84

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I have a couple. I have a Sub-Compact .40 and a Service .40 V-10 ported. Both are black frame and slide with polished barrels. I carry my sub compact CCW and my V-10 on duty and occasionally CCW with it as well. I have Tru-Glo TFOs on my service model and the factory sights on my sub-compact.

I have an XD-9. I don't use it for carry but I certainly could. It doesn't conceal quite as well as my 1911 pattern guns but that's mainly because my best carry holsters are for my 1911's.

That XD is a great little gun and has never hiccupped through probably 1,500 rounds. I highly recommend them.:eek:

I have a couple, as well... Planning to trade/sell one off and buy 2 more this year. I want an XD-45 Compact and a Tactical in .45acp.

Question. Does the grip extension sleeve on the 13rd mags for the XD-45 Compact slide off, to allow its use in a full-size gripped XD-45?

As you can tell by my username I like the XD's. I have owned seven. I currently own two XD-9 Service models and one XD-45 Service. One of the 9's has Heinie straight eight night sights and the other has the flat dark earth frame. I just had TFO's installed on it.

Wrong thread!!! :eek:

Did I say the G word :)......My bad :D

I was trying to give props to the TFO's when my favorite subject kinda got inadvertently thrown in there by association ;).

I have A XD-9 SC, I always shoot a couple of boxes of 9mm evertime I go shooting but it is a nightstand gun.

I carry the ParaOrdnance 45 or the 357 S&W.

Guest pherman926

I've got an XD9 service that I really like, but my wife likes it, too:( I've been carrying a Glock 30 but the XD seems to fit my hand better. Is the XD45 grip much different than the XD9? I'm considering selling the 30 and going with an XD45.

Guest Rooster

Just picked up an XD-40, army green grip with black slide and ported barrel. I havent had a chance to shoot it yet, but hope to this weekend. I have shot one before and loved it thats why i bought one. I am also a glock owner and am proud of. Nothing will replace my glock. I never understood the conflict that people have between Glocks and XD's, I think they are both great guns so why not buy them both.:eek:

I bought my XD-45 after shooting my brother's XD-40 last spring. At the time I was carrying a Glock 36 but after shooting the XD, the choice was clear. It felt better and I liked it. I sold the Glock that week and the next weekend I had an XD-45.

The XD-9 I bought was simply because the higher price of .45 ACP kept my from shooting as much as I wanted to. Since the 9mm ammo is half as much as the .45 ACP ammo, I can shoot twice as much as I have been! :eek:

xds.jpg

My local shop has an XD .40 Tactical that I need to round out my collection of XDs. That way I would have a Sub-Compact .40, a ported Service .40, and a Tactical .40. I have been thinking seriously about getting a .357 Sig barrel for my Service without the ports in it.

My local shop has an XD .40 Tactical that I need to round out my collection of XDs. That way I would have a Sub-Compact .40, a ported Service .40, and a Tactical .40. I have been thinking seriously about getting a .357 Sig barrel for my Service without the ports in it.

You're welcome to try out my XD-357 anytime.

I have an XD-9 sub that I use as a car gun. Fits nicely in the side pocket.

I bought it the first day I saw it. Had a G26 at the time :D but had a chance to shoot the XD-9 in the shop and traded immediately. The XD is a terrific handgun for G-like guns. I'd rather pack something that can be de-cocked and re-cocked or a smooth DAO, but the XD is OK, as long as you remember to put your thumb on the slide when you reholster it. That keeps your hand off of the grip safety. :D

Guest nitrous_mike

xd-40 sub black/black, still trying to talk my self in to getting a xd45 insted of spending that money against a lease for a new hunting spot.