East TN June Shoot

I will bring a box of clays if enough people would be interested is shooting at them.

Wasn't gonna bring a shottie, but hey, with an offer like that I'll pop at a few, see if can hit one with 18" barrel.

From the hip. :D

I've got one box of 7 1/2 shot I'll donate for anybody to shoot. (12 ga.)

- OS

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower

Boy time flies.....Big thanks to Jason for the phone call today & keeping me in the loop.

Guys you're gonna be jealous when you see Jason's place. He spent a good deal of time shaping it all up out there. It'll be good to get back over and see it again.

Well I'm hoping to anyways. Just found out today that I'll have my 2 sons most of the day Sat. since the wife has a baby shower to go to. Hoping that its not going to stop me from coming, but it probably will stop me shooting.

Damn it! I've got 3 new toys I haven't played with yetand I have to work! Somebody shoot a few rounds for me so I'll feel better about it.

Oh yeah, I like Shoneys Breakfast Bar. Eat a half pound of bacon for me also!

Damn it! I've got 3 new toys I haven't played with yetand I have to work! Somebody shoot a few rounds for me so I'll feel better about it.

Oh yeah, I like Shoneys Breakfast Bar. Eat a half pound of bacon for me also!

What calibers?

Guest 70below

Looks like I'm 90% for Saturday......looking forward to some plinking. I've got a steel mounting plate that about 1" thick if anyone wants to attempt to put an armor piercing round through it. Its nothing fancy, but its something to flatten a round or two on.

Looks like I'm 90% for Saturday......looking forward to some plinking. I've got a steel mounting plate that about 1" thick if anyone wants to attempt to put an armor piercing round through it. Its nothing fancy, but its something to flatten a round or two on.
Time? Carpool?

I spoke to Jason on the phone earlier today.

Be forewarned it may be wet there. Mud is a possibility. Not in the extremes to make the shoot undoable but rather be prepared to have muddy shoes.

I guess what I am trying to say is wear boots or some such footwear that is appropriate for wet ground.

There is some gravel so it is not like standing in mud, but with the amount of rain we have gotten it may be a little soft in places.

Anyway, 9:30 ish at the Shoneys.

My phone is 865-228-8451 if anyone needs to call.

Guest c.a.s.

Yeah, even when muddy, the range isn't TOO bad. It's tolerable if you're not wearing flip-flops or sandles.

Mom'll be bringing a new toy.

Guest Gun Geek

Anyway we can get an address, so if we are running late we are not totally lost?

What is the planned time frame for leaving Shoneys

Anyway we can get an address, so if we are running late we are not totally lost?

What is the planned time frame for leaving Shoneys

Our host hasn't been inclined to post it. Guess you could try a PM at this late date.

Leaving Shoney's at 10. Might have a few minutes leeway, might not, I dunno.

- OS

Guest BigJ45

Even a GPS has a hard time finding me. If you are planning on coming but can't make it to Shoney's give me a call at 865-771-2035 and we can work out getting you in to the range. The range is located on Byrams Fork Rd. but the street number will lead you to the wrong place. Pretty handy when you don't want to be found.

Guest c.a.s.

Well that was a damn good time. Lots of people showed up, and brought lots of guns! We made lots of loud.

Videos and pictures either sometime tonight or tomorrow, depending on where the cable is.

What a great turnout we had today. Everybody really did a good job of representing the Eastern Band of TGOers.

Breakfast at the Shoney's was delicious. We took up a substantial portion of one seating area. I thought the food was outstanding. Not quite sure about chicken nuggets on the breakfast buffet, but they tasted good just the same.

Looked like a parade or a funeral procession on the trip from Shoney's to BigJ's place.

I think I counted 13 vehicles in a line. Well 13 if you count the Datsun that Dotson was driving. I wonder if it used more water or gasoline though?

Lots of shooting entertainment at BigJ's. It was virtually non stop shooting for an hour solid when we started. I had the honor of the first clip to start the day. Rang the steel plate at 200 yards.

It was nice meeting everyone. I will not mention many names as I don't want to slight anyone. But it was a real pleasure shooting with all of you. A finer bunch of people could not have been assembled anywhere.

I guess without a doubt the .50 caliber rifle was the star of the show.

One thing I will mention, BlackbeltChick and Motasyco really seemed to hit it off. I think we may have a TGO romance in the works. Woot!

Can't wait to do it again next month.

Guest dotsun

It was cool meeting everyone today. I had a great time.

And @ Mike.357 yeah smart ass it uses way more water than gas right now. :wall: She'll have some new shoes and hopefully a full radiator the next time you see her. And BTW, the Frankentruck did run better than your carry gun. :P