East TN June Shoot

Had a great time shootin' & meetin', although I still don't know who all was there!

Thanks BigJ45 for having us all out! You've got a great setup there. Hope you'll let us come out again.

Edited by Garufa
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gun Geek

Hey, That was a blast I just got home, I wish I had brought the camera, Chris says you're welcome to those who stayed and shot the .50. He isnt on the forum ( he kind of doesnt get along with technology )We had a blast didnt spend a lot of ammo considering. Once again thank you BigJ for the range use, the set up was awesome. Hopefully you guys that took photos post them soon. Hopefully we can do it again soon.

One thing - Next time I think we should all take a little more time to BS back and forth get to know each other a little better, Dont get me wrong I love to shoot but getting to know people is good too.

Mike - did you get that Mosin figured out yet??

Edited by Gun Geek
Guest Gun Geek

Yeah, I was hoping when you first got that piece loose to where we could see it that the whole thing would come out with it, I guess the case was that far gone though that it just fell apart.

What a GREAT time!

Many thanks to Jason for hospitality, and a super place to shoot.

My highlights were:

- confirming I've fixed the mag lip probs with the mighty Hi-Point GPDC (Ghetto Perimeter Defense Carbine)

- finding another round besides Mini Mags that the 25 round banana mags like in the Ruger 10/22.

- getting to shoot a Mighty Mauser and Mighty Mouse LCP (thanks Garufa).

- and shooting clays with my 18" barrel Remington! I actually hit a few! (and learned to hand throw them).

- and of course, shooting the .50 at 200 yards! GunGeek, express my thanks again to Chris II. That was MOST generous of him letting a number of us have a rip, at $5 a pill!

I got to take two souvenirs away from shooting the .50. Kept a casing and a scab just forming on bridge of my nose! Chris told me TWICE to keep back from front of scope but dang if I must've leaned forward just as I squeezed, and a bloody good time was had by all!

I rescued the BAD souvenir, the 'sploded 7.62x54 casing from Mike's Mosin.

Nasty lookin'. Bummer.

Another of Mike's high/lowlites was his full auto short burst RIA 1911! Take THAT, badguys!

Oh yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that BlackbeltChick and Motasyco were hitched at some point!

Hopefully, stay tuned for GreeneGo's pix of moi demonstrating the proper way to fire a Hi-Point C9.

Just a super time, enjoyed EVERYONE'S company!

- OS

Guest Gun Geek
What a GREAT time!

- and of course, shooting the .50 at 200 yards! GunGeek, express my thanks again to Chris II. That was MOST generous of him letting a number of us have a rip, at $5 a pill!

I got to take two souvenirs away from shooting the .50. Kept a casing and a scab just forming on bridge of my nose! Chris told me TWICE to keep back from front of scope but dang if I must've leaned forward just as I squeezed, and a bloody good time was had by all!

- OS

Its no problem that is how he is. And on the scab - I wasnt going to say anything about it... but you brought it up... :wall:-- Nah to be honest first time I shot it I did the same thing, you try to lean in so much expecting big recoil and it just catches you.

I got a kick out of everyone with these fancy ear muffs, electornic, slim... etc and here I am wearing old GI issue ear muffs from like 1950 (HUGE with cotton balls for noise reduction ).. made it real hard to shoot that .50

Edited by Gun Geek

I got a kick out of everyone with these fancy ear muffs, electornic, slim... etc and here I am wearing old GI issue ear muffs from like 1950 (HUGE with cotton balls for noise reduction ).. made it real hard to shoot that .50

Oh yeah, forgot to mention on my highlight reel:

the concussion of the .50 actually killed Chris' electronic ear muffs!

So you were better off with the old-timey model.

- OS

Guest blackbeltchick
What a GREAT time!

Many thanks to Jason for hospitality, and a super place to shoot.

My highlights were:

- confirming I've fixed the mag lip probs with the mighty Hi-Point GPDC (Ghetto Perimeter Defense Carbine)

- finding another round besides Mini Mags that the 25 round banana mags like in the Ruger 10/22.

- getting to shoot a Mighty Mauser and Mighty Mouse LCP (thanks Garufa).

- and shooting clays with my 18" barrel Remington! I actually hit a few! (and learned to hand throw them).

I rescued the BAD souvenir, the 'sploded 7.62x54 casing from Mike's Mosin.

Nasty lookin'. Bummer.

Another of Mike's high/lowlites was his full auto short burst RIA 1911! Take THAT, badguys!

Oh yeah, and I wouldn't be surprised to find out that BlackbeltChick and Motasyco were hitched at some point!

Hopefully, stay tuned for GreeneGo's pix of moi demonstrating the proper way to fire a Hi-Point C9.

Just a super time, enjoyed EVERYONE'S company!

- OS

What happens at a gun shoot, stays at a gun shoot! :wall:

Guest Gun Geek
Oh yeah, forgot to mention on my highlight reel:

the concussion of the .50 actually killed Chris' electronic ear muffs!

So you were better off with the old-timey model.

- OS

Actually a few minutes later they resurrected from the dead, just up and started working again. No telling how much longer they will live but... they still work.

Thanks BigJ45!!!

I had a great time. I got to feed a couple of guns that had been neglected for too long. It didn't even matter if I hit anything. Next time around I expect to have some ammo for the Carcano.

I have now connected some names with faces but I'll have to work on that some more next time. And yes, it was nice to have the opportunity to carpool, or should I say jeeppool, with Blackbeltchick. I even took her out for chicken fingers after the shoot. I know how to treat a lady!

I'll have some pics up soon.

... Next time around I expect to have some ammo for the Carcano.

My god, I forgot to mention the Carcano!

Thanks for bringing it ... it really WAS meaningful just to hold it and think of JFK in 1963. I was watching on TV when Ruby shot Oswald.

Also forgot to mention shooting GreeneGo's Ruger SR9. I've always heard they are sweet shooting, and it's true. Really solid, very little recoil. It's truly seems impossible how that slim looking grip can hold so many rounds, too.

And yep, I was purt sure you and BlackBeltChick spent some quality time together at some point. :wall:

- OS

Guest blackbeltchick
And yes, it was nice to have the opportunity to carpool, or should I say jeeppool, with Blackbeltchick. I even took her out for chicken fingers after the shoot. I know how to treat a lady!

I'll have some pics up soon.

Don't forget about the onion rings, big spender! :wall:

Didn't someone have Carcano ammo on Pay It Forward recently?

If so, I missed it. Darn! I'll go through and see if I can find it. Thanks for letting me know. I do have a box ordered from my local gun shop but I'm still trying to scrounge a clip for it. :wall:

First off, BigJ45......thanks. Thanks a bunch for having us all out.

Today was the the first time in a while I've actually had the chance to inhale tons of burnt powder and feel concussion waves. I think I would have had just as much fun watching you guys shoot as I did shooting myself. I realized after the first few clips that I was way to tired to concentrate and actually hit anything. That's one of the reasons I decided it was time to go after trying to hit the shotgun shells I set up. I seemed to have the ability to pop the the first two but after that.....well, let's just say the dirt has lead poisoning now. :wall:

Motasyco and Blackbeltchick were super nice and fun to watch shoot. Have to say it's always pleasant to watch ladies shoot, especially big guns. Hope I didn't annoy you two or hog the table to much....:blink:

I wish I could have chatted with most of you more. It's absoutly awsome that I had the chance to hang out with you guys and gals. You all have some incredible weapons to say the least. I should have stayed around a little longer to see the .50 in action. As I was driving away I heard the BOOM......and I knew I should have shot my last 100rds I brought before I left. :snore:

Anyways, I took a few pics. Hope you guys didn't mind me in your face snapping pics left and right.....

SA553332.jpg

SA553331.jpg

SA553333.jpg

SA553334.jpg

SA553335.jpg

SA553336.jpg

SA553339.jpg

SA553340.jpg

SA553342.jpg

SA553338.jpg

SA553341.jpg

SA553343.jpg

SA553344.jpg

SA553345.jpg

SA553346.jpg

SA553347.jpg

SA553348.jpg

SA553349.jpg

SA553350.jpg

SA553351.jpg

SA553352.jpg

SA553354.jpg

SA553353.jpg

SA553355.jpg

The last few I have are on the next post.....

Edited by kwe45919

SA553356.jpg

SA553357.jpg

SA553358.jpg

SA553359.jpg

SA553361.jpg

SA553362.jpg

SA553363.jpg

SA553364.jpg

SA553365.jpg

SA553366.jpg

SA553367.jpg

SA553368.jpg

SA553369.jpg

SA553370.jpg

SA553371.jpg

SA553373.jpg

^^^^ "OhShoot" getto blastin' his 'highpoint' gat!!! ^^^^

That's all I had the chance to take.....had to shoot between pics...ya know to occupy my time. :wall:

Thanks everyone. I had a blast.....

Edited by kwe45919