TGO Monthly Shooting Contest - June

Guest JHatmaker

Guest mjnsx07
Thanks for the extra 10 points...............:(

By the way I love that Ruger you have !!!

Well by the OSB board I shot aginst it wasnt that one. I know I had to of hit it 10 times. The board was a 4x8 sheet.

I do shoot with both eyes open and I tried to watch each shot hit. but maybe I did miss........ LOL

Nice DW. You seem like you are addicted to DW now.:)

I want to see your Valor with shooting.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Astra900

I'm disqualified because I can't provide a pic this month {Camera died on me:() but I played anyway. Score 92 w/ a 4" XD 9mm.

Guest mjnsx07
I'm disqualified because I can't provide a pic this month {Camera died on me:() but I played anyway. Score 92 w/ a 4" XD 9mm.

What a shame. You could be a winner this month with that score.

Guest JHatmaker

Jeff, how do you like that Dan Wesson? I almost bought it from TDR.

Also, where have you been finding 10mm? I can't score any for the life of me!

JH

I love the gun. as you can see it shoots real good. I am sure alot better than I can.

I dont think in todays guns you cant get a better built one for the money.

The ammo was no problem as I also got 500 rounds from TDR with the gun.

You guys are all doing some great shooting here! No surprise there :lol:

Sorry. Forgot to fill in the score. 69 if those 2 in the upper left count as 6's? This is my first time scoring a target :up: Guess i should have put 9mm in the "ammo" field too... This was my best of 3 targets.

junetarget.jpg

You guys are all doing some great shooting here! No surprise there :)

Sorry. Forgot to fill in the score. 69 if those 2 in the upper left count as 6's? This is my first time scoring a target :D Guess i should have put 9mm in the "ammo" field too... This was my best of 3 targets.

junetarget.jpg

How you make dem holes green?

Green paper behind it just for the pic?

- OS

Guest JHatmaker

I'll count it if you cross your heart-hope to die, stick a needle in your eye...:2cents:

Guest BigShot

Wish the other 5 targets had went so well... 3 of them looked like my "Judge" slung buckshot all over. Seemed like the more I shot the worse it got too. 2 in the black then 2 in the 6 ring.

It was all fun though.

BigShot :dirty:

Guest Jason F.

I had a night as a Bachelor this week so I got to go to the range since the wife was out visiting family.

Here is my Rimfire entry.

15Charger22Junesmall.JPG

Just Kidding. No that does not count. That was with a Ruger Charger and while I did remove the bipod and shot at 15 yards it has no open sights so that was through a scope. Just for fun I ran it out as far as the trolley would go, about 30 or so yards, and backed that up with another 97.

30Charger22Junesmall.JPG

I will post my real entries below.

Guest Jason F.

My real Rimfire entry shot Wednesday Night at On Target. Smith and Wesson 22A offhand at 15 yards. Score is a 92. Ammo is Remington 550 bulk pack.

S&W22AJunesmall.JPG

Edited by Jason F.
Guest Jason F.

Two centerfire entries from me. First I decided to try a new to me gun I had not had a chance to fire yet. It is a well used and abused former Police service revolver S&W Model 10-5. All I had was some cheap aluminum case Blazer with cast lead. The gun shot great once I could get used to it. I hate the sights and the grip as it feels like I am pointing it at the ground with my wrists bent down to get it on the target.

Score is an 83. Could have been better if the front sight did not cover 75% of that 8 1/2 x 11 target at 15 yards. Model 10-5 with 38 Special Blazer 158 Gr. cast lead

S&W10Junesmall.JPG

My second centerfire entry is a disapointment. I am usually pretty good with this gun but the sights were difficult for paper punching at 15 yards.

CZ-75B 9mm with Winchester white box 115 Gr. FMJ. Score is a 79.

CZ75BJunesmall.JPG

This is my pitiful entry. No chance of winning, but I wanted to play, too. :D Do I get bonus points for shooting a J frame off handed with reloads? Ha! In all seriousness, I do need to tweak my load, looks like the bullets may have been tumbling due to the tears instead of clean holes. Yes, there are only 8 holes, I was out of ammunition. :screwy:

009-2.jpg

Iffen you wuz to hit a BG wif one of dem it shore would mess up his day !!!!:D:D:D

Sure, but I might have a better chance of hitting them if I just threw the whole round. :drool:

I'm playing with the load, may extend the OAL just a bit. My last batch was a significantly tighter group, but still tumbling.

Made it to Guns & Leather today and forgot to take my contest Targets... so I am out for this one.... But I did a 10 Shot group at 25 Meters hand held of

2 7/8" .

3 Rounds where under 1/4" That is the best 10 Shot group at 25 Meters I have done indoors ...... I used my Ed Brown Executive Target

Nosler 185 grain JHP 4.4 Clays.

100_0770.jpg100_0771.jpg

Edited by Kano
Guest BigShot
Made it to Guns & Leather today and forgot to take my contest Targets... so I am out for this one.... But I did a 10 Shot group at 25 Meters hand held of 2 7/8". 3 Rounds where under 1/4" That is the best 10 Shot group at 25 Meters I have done indoors ...... I used my Ed Brown Executive Target

Nosler 185 grain JHP 4.4 Clays.

100_0770.jpg

VERY NICE!!!

Great Shooting and Sweeet pistol.

BigShot :lol: