July 14th Restaurant Meet

So, since July 14th is when we can officially start packing heat in eateries, any ideas on where we should go?

Let's get up a big group (or several) and do this thing up right.

Let's post some ideas here, and narrow it down to 3 or 4 and then people can add their names to the choices. It would be great to get 10 or 20 or even 50 people to go to several places.

We could even have two lists, one for lunch and another for dinner.

Some of my favorites -

Outback

Logan's

Texas Roadhouse

Bonefish Grill

The Palm

anything Mexican

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Locations east, central and west in the state would allow greater turnout on a Tuesday. OC probably would not be wise but we could all wear TGO stuff.

Agreed and agreed. Gives me a reason to order a hat, which I am going to do right now.

• Administrator

In the meantime, I highly suggest that all of you consider approaching the manager at whatever venues you frequent and ask them to please NOT post their location as an area where carry is prohibited. Explain that if they do, you will be forced to take your money elsewhere and that you will encourage your friends and family to do likewise.

Come back here and post your results! We need to recognize the places that WON'T post as much as we need to out those that will.

Guest Traumaslave
OC probably would not be wise

Now come on, all the hard core, I got the right BS everyone spews around here and ya'll are afraid of letting the public know???:P

Guest redbarron06
So, since July 14th is when we can officially start packing heat in eateries, any ideas on where we should go?

Let's get up a big group (or several) and do this thing up right.

Let's post some ideas here, and narrow it down to 3 or 4 and then people can add their names to the choices. It would be great to get 10 or 20 or even 50 people to go to several places.

We could even have two lists, one for lunch and another for dinner.

Some of my favorites -

Outback

Logan's

Texas Roadhouse

Bonefish Grill

The Palm

anything Mexican

How about the Gerst Haus in Nashville for dinner? I would be up for it.

Guest ScottD
Davinci's!!! Best pizza in town. We could get their side room.

I'd have to argue that Joey's House of Pizza in Brentwood wipes the floor with Davinci's.

Guest D.B. Cooper

I'm for a July 14th Chattanooga OC/CC dinner. Someplace we can make a statement... like the downtown Chili's? :confused:

Guest redbarron06
I've been wanting to try that place, heard good things about it.

Gerst haus rocks. Not the cheapest place but I have never left there hungry.;)

Guest archerdr1

for those in Chattanooga, I'm In! We should eat at Chilis and then run over for a game of pool and a cigar at CBC!!!

I think we are planning some sort of official meetup at a gun friendly restaurant July 14th. Either I or David will let you guys/gals know where the location will be and time(probably lunch). I just have to say....and this is my own personal opinion ONLY. I am a little afraid to open carry for the simple fact that #1 I am a little lady and I would not want someone seeing my weapon on my side and overpowering me and taking it from me. I choose to conceal carry for this reason. All it takes is one split second and a bad guy could end up with your gun. Unless you have your hand on it the entire time and a pretty strong grip.....well, I just would not advertise it. To me it is about my own personal safety and the safety of others and I would not want to jeopardize that. But that is just how I personally feel. You guys have the right to do what you feel comfortable with....just be careful.

What about the Memphis group?

I am under the thought pattern to not mention anything to the managers/owners, unless I had a relationship with them. To me it falls in the same category as telling a place that they are not properly posted. Ignorance is Bliss.

What about the Memphis group?

I am under the thought pattern to not mention anything to the managers/owners, unless I had a relationship with them. To me it falls in the same category as telling a place that they are not properly posted. Ignorance is Bliss.

It reminds me of "it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission."