July 14, 2009 *NASHVILLE AREA* Restaurant Meet (Please see NEW thread)

Will you be able to attend a late dinner in the greater Nashville area?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be able to attend a late dinner in the greater Nashville area?

• YES... I will be there. (Will likely be held at 8pm CST, location TBA)
    • NO... I won't be there.

Guest HexHead

Ruby Tuesday's in Green Hills would be a good choice.

I wonder if they still have the salad bar since they did all that remodeling? Be fun to graze the salad bar along with all the sheep. LOLOOL

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in for this! Will the ball caps be available prior?

I looked for a notice about purchasing a TGO cap but didn't find anything. If/when these are available, put me down for 1.

I'm also in on the 14th (if my tix fall thru for the All-Star game), but I'm not 100% sure about advertising it. It seems like asking for trouble. I can see 100's of anti-gunner Obama groupies showing up to make a spectacle and then we all know how the media would spin that. However, as for inviting some legislators who voted with us, I think it would be a great gesture to show we support them. We should buy them dinner and give them a cap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

We're still in a holding pattern on this given the fact that there is a July 13th hearing that may affect our ability to legally carry on the 14th. This may very well end up being a last minute announcement, so stay tuned.

Guest redbarron06

Well here is my idea (more vindictive than anything else). As long as it is not legally posted we all go into Sunset grill and set there for about 3 hours drinking water and chit-chatting. Then drop the waitress a $20 uncover the carry (indiscreatly of course not flashy) and get up and walk out.

Guest JHatmaker
Well here is my idea (more vindictive than anything else). As long as it is not legally posted we all go into Sunset grill and set there for about 3 hours drinking water and chit-chatting. Then drop the waitress a $20 uncover the carry (indiscreatly of course not flashy) and get up and walk out.

That would be funny, but there's no way I could sit there with food being passed around etc at other tables and not being able to eat. :eek:

Guest redbarron06
That would be funny, but there's no way I could sit there with food being passed around etc at other tables and not being able to eat. :screwy:

Well when it gets to bad just snap into a "Slim Jim". :eek:

• Administrator

I am making some phone calls and will post a venue this evening.

We had a brief pow-wow earlier at the Courthouse and decided that it might be best to have this outside of Davidson County given the inordinate amount of attention that will be given to any such gathering. There was a bit of concern that Metro PD's leadership might be overzealous in trying to police the new law, especially if they knew where a pro-2A meet was happening.

That said, the middle TN function will most likely occur in Williamson or Rutherford county. Stay tuned.

• Administrator

IMPORTANT...

I have added a poll to this thread. Please vote (and do it quick) so that I can get an initial head-count of how many people will likely be attending the Nashville-area dinner.

The venue will be announced shortly. I just need to know how many will likely attend so that I can have an intelligent conversation with the management of several restaurants.

Venue will be within a 20-30 minute drive of downtown Nashville proper. Maybe even closer than that. We're just keeping our options open!

Event will happen at 8:00pm CST since it will be held in conjunction with a LIVE call-in to the NRA Radio "Cam and Company" show from Nikki Goeser who will be in attendance.