Paperless Concert Tickets?

Has anyone been to an event with Paperless Tickets?

I was going to buy a couple tickets for the Miley Cyrus concert, but am a little curious about this paperless thing.

As far as I know, the Sommet Center has a max capacity of about 17,500 +/-, but based on where the stage will be located, they may not be selling quite that many tickets. Nevertheless, there's going to be a TON of people attending the show.

The way I understand it is, you purchase (assuming I can even get my daughter a ticket) your tickets online, and you must present your credit card and Government issued I.D. at the door. This is what I have a problem understaning.

I know how unbearably long it can take while waiting in line for just 5 or 6 folks to swipe their credit/debit cards at the local Quick Mart, so I can't imagine how long it will take for all these folks to swipe their cards.

Based on the fact that you are only allowed to purchase 4 tickets per household, that's a minimum of at least 4,000 people who have to swipe their cards. In reality, the number will likely be closer to 6,000-7,000 card swipers. And God forbid anyone have an issue while swiping their cards. This process is probably going to take all darn day.

So, anyone been through something like this?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about it being paperless, but the process is called "Will Call", or least it used to be.

You buy the tickets online. Once you get to the venue you'll go to the Will Call line. There you produce your CC & ID as proof of payment and are then handed real live tickets. You've already payed, they just verify your card.

That's the drill I'm familiar with but am sure they've come up with a way to complicate a very simple process.

Edited by Garufa
I don't know about it being paperless, but the process is called "Will Call", or least it used to be.

You buy the tickets online. Once you get to the venue you'll go to the Will Call line. There you produce your CC & ID as proof of payment and are then handed real live tickets. You've already payed, they just verify your card.

Yea, that's the general idea. They are calling it Paperless Tickets. Yes, sounds very similar to Will Call. I've been involved in a Will Call, but never along with 15,000 other concert goers doing the very same thing.

Are you sure the're not emailing you a pdf ticket that you print yourself? I've done that many times. You pay through Ticketmaster or somesuch and you can either pay for "paper" tickets or they email the pdf to you. It's pretty cool. Wish they'd done that when I saw Led Zeppelin and the Who so I could have a digital souveneir instead of my analog memory. LOL/

God help you, brother. Sounds like 10,000+ screaming teenage and pre-teen girls carrying on while a coupla thousand irate parents are trying to work the paperless ticket system. :lol:

Bound to be a disaster! :eek:

So do you at least get a ticket stub? Can't have a concert (or whatever this show is) without one!

You ARE registered as per Megan's Law, right?

:eek:

I was told that I didn't have to register until AFTER I was caught.:lol:

Actually, the tickets would be as a gift to my friends daughter for her birthday, and my daughter just because she is my precious little girl.

And, NO, I will not be attending. A female friend will be the chaperone.

Are you sure the're not emailing you a pdf ticket that you print yourself? I've done that many times. You pay through Ticketmaster or somesuch and you can either pay for "paper" tickets or they email the pdf to you. It's pretty cool. Wish they'd done that when I saw Led Zeppelin and the Who so I could have a digital souveneir instead of my analog memory. LOL/

Nope, no ticket to print. They are doing things this way to prevent ticket scalping.

You MUST show up at the show with the same credit card you used to purchase the tickets through Ticketmaster, and you must also have a photo I.D. This will make it nearly impossible for people to resell tickets for inflated prices.

So do you at least get a ticket stub? Can't have a concert (or whatever this show is) without one!

You will get a receipt of sorts when you actually purchase the tickets online, but that receipt will not allow you access to the concert. Swiping your credit card at the venue and showing ID is the only way to get in.

Even if you show up with only the receipt, you will be turned away. The actual credit card and ID is a MUST.

You will get a receipt of sorts when you actually purchase the tickets online, but that receipt will not allow you access to the concert. Swiping your credit card at the venue and showing ID is the only way to get in.

Even if you show up with only the receipt, you will be turned away. The actual credit card and ID is a MUST.

So instead of show us your papers it's show us your Visa?