TGI Friday's in Memphis on Winchester "no guns allowed"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jth_3s

If a resturant that serves alcohol is properly posted after July 14th what is the most trouble you can get in for violating that resturants policy? From what I can tell you could just be fined up to $500 dollars but I didnt know if you could be arrested for it.

Edited by jth_3s
... And does anyone know what happens if you carry in an age restricted resturant by accident is it still a class A misdemeanor?

Pretty sure they removed the age restriction. Any non- posted restaurant is okay after the 14th, from my understanding.

If a resturant that serves alcohol is properly posted after July 14th what is the most trouble you can get in for violating that resturants policy? From what I can tell you could just be fined up to $500 dollars but I didnt know if you could be arrested for it.

Well, it it's a misdemeanor; as with any misdemeanor, I believe the officer has option of arrest or written citation/summons.

- OS

Guest Rick O'Shay

Personally, if a restaurant posts a no-guns sign, the 'correct' kind or not, I will not be eating there. The mere fact that they took the trouble to post a sign like that tells me that they do not want my business.

:poop:

Well I got an answer, if you want to call it that, from Friday's. Seems like it's a generic answer for most questions, just to make you feel all warm and fuzzy that they got your email.

Dear Thomas:

Thank you for notifying Guest Relations of your unsatisfactory experience at T.G.I. Friday's. We realize the importance of your time and appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Your concern has been shared with our management team. We hope to provide the best possible service during your next visit. Please contact the General Manager, Chris Wing, at the Memphis/Southwind, TN location at 901-752-1369 with any additional comments. You may also contact Guest Relations at 800-FRIDAY’S, option 1.

Kind regards.

Shane

Guest Relations

Update:

I also just received this letter from the general manager of the Friday's in question:

Dear Mr. Spain<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><ST1:p</st1:country-region>

I wanted to take the time to tell you the company made the decision as a whole not to allow guns in the restaurant. We have to armed guards on staff at night and one during the day to ensure your protection. I understand your right to want to protect your family while you are out eating. I hope with the security that we provide that you will feel secure to come and eat in our restaurant. We want to keep you as a guest and your family safe. <O:p></O:p>

Sincerely yours,

Edited by ki4otd
update emails received
Traffic-wise, Wolfchase is worse than Winchester. Safety-wise, I'll take the Wolfchase area. Lot's of good rednecks in Bartlett. Close to RangeUSA!

Winchester is getting ugly.

I can go from my house to the TGI on 64 at the height of busy traffic, and it's not a big deal. Now, go down the strip between the mall and Giacosa (Home Depot, Best Buy, Old Navy, etc), and it's a different story. I guess traffic is what Rick O. was referring to.

I asked the TGI Friday's manager at the Hickory Harlem location last night and he said that it would be a corporate decision and not local managers. As of last night he was not aware of any decision being made yet but that he was all for HCP holders being able to bring them in and that it didn't concern him at all. We had about a 10 min conversation.

He was more worried about having to make the nutritional info available to customers that he was about guns being brought in!

I'm not saying anything to anyone, if they don't have a sign I'll go in concealed and eat, if they have a sign I'll eat somewhere else, even if their sign is improper because I don't wish to give my money to ignorant and bigoted restaurant owners in the first place, and even if their sign is improper, it's still very possible that challenging them if your outed will be alot of hassle to you. I would rather not have to get a lawyer to to prove I was right and spend a day in court. If they don't want me there, they can go have sexual intercourse with themselves. That's my attitude about it.

Come on guy, don't sugar coat it, tell us what you really think! Your attitude and course of action is exactly the same as mine. I can find other places to eat! Most of these places don't serve chicken fried steak with bulldog gravy anyways.

Come on guy, don't sugar coat it, tell us what you really think! Your attitude and course of action is exactly the same as mine. I can find other places to eat! Most of these places don't serve chicken fried steak with bulldog gravy anyways.

ya buddy on the Fried steak and gravy but then I got the little lady askin cant we try somethin different, have only had the hcp a few months now and she is already checkin for signs for me or us :D gotta luv em :P

The "don't ask, don't tell" that (seemingly) most here are advocating is total and utter BS, IMO.

I open carry only and I'm going to continue to ask and tell. I'll enter non-properly posted places and raise a big stink with management about improper signage.

Until we start making real noise, we will always be marginalized. Other groups fighting for their civil rights weren't quiet, why should we be?

Guest HexHead
The "don't ask, don't tell" that (seemingly) most here are advocating is total and utter BS, IMO.

I open carry only and I'm going to continue to ask and tell. I'll enter non-properly posted places and raise a big stink with management about improper signage.

Until we start making real noise, we will always be marginalized. Other groups fighting for their civil rights weren't quiet, why should we be?

I see you've read that book on making friends and influencing people. :screwy:

All you're going to do is get more places properly posted after you've pissed off the owner and make things more difficult for the rest of us.

And that helps us how?

I see you've read that book on making friends and influencing people. :screwy:

All you're going to do is get more places properly posted after you've pissed off the owner and make things more difficult for the rest of us.

And that helps us how?

If you won't stand up for what you believe in, you have already lost.

I tend to think the majority here are just a bunch of pansy whiners with no real backbone. I prefer to live with a spine, even if it pisses people off.