What would be a good used gun???

Guest xsmwsx

Have you considered a Hi Point C9. It is fairly compact ...

Yeah, it's only an inch longer, 1/2 inch taller, 1/4" thicker than my XD subbie - and holds 8+1 vs. 13+1. And weighs more than the XD.

and is super reliable
Well, mine has fed and fired about 150 rounds perfectly, so far. Accuracy is generally within 5" of POA at 10 yards, randomly with each shot. This with playing with sight adjustment each time I've shot it. It seems to have a "tendency of the day". It is, however, quite a bit more accurate than my Cobra .38 derringer.
not to mention the better than great warranty.
It's never a good thing when warranty is touted as a primary strength.

I think I might have to use it, though, if I were ever foolish enough to take it apart!

I would venture to say it would fall within your price range as well.
$149.99 from T&T at most sizable TN gun shows.

But c'mon...nobody should recommend carrying a Hi-Point to a newbie. There are reasons to own one, but carrying it for self-protection ain't one of them.

Actually, I have the HP 995 carbine, too...I'd be okay with someone carrying THAT!

- OS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dizzielizzie

Hmmm...Hi-Points have a triangle in name/logo, wonder if that's what you saw as an "A"?

- OS

You know, that kinda looks like it. But it's been a few months now & I have quit loosing sleep over it. Anyway, what can you tell me about them?

You know, that kinda looks like it. But it's been a few months now & I have quit loosing sleep over it. Anyway, what can you tell me about them?

Their big, ugly (understatement), heavy, CHEAP (price), lifetime warranty (actually really good service), and they work.

Guest dizzielizzie

I just looked up their website, and (sigh) yes that's it! Thanks...!

TGO is the greatest! :D

Now just imagine one of their .45's in the hands of a small, older jent who - now I'm just a beginner at all of this - didn't look like he's ever handled the thing.

• 1 year later...

Hey! DaveTN...I resemble that straw and spitball remark. I like my little CZ70 .32 auto. I guess what it all comes down to is bullet placement. A .22 LR in the eye is a better shot than a .40 in a bulletproof vest.