UTG AR buttstock???

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent tried their stocks, but their bipods and scope mounts have been rock solid for the money. One of my friends has their quad rail and its pretty nice...no YHM or Daniel Defense, but hell for the price...

Good to hear.

I think I might give the stock a try for $40. For that price, I could always replace it later if it feels cheap. I might get one of their bipods after I get the upper.

Anyone familiar with Tapco?

All else being equal, would a Tapco 6-position collapsable AR15 stock be a better choice than the UTG 6-position stock? I don't have any experience with either brand. Both come with the buffer tube and spring, etc. I know that the Tapco is just a little more, but does that make it better?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think i would go with the UTG stock set. Maybe if it was just the stock but I think I would get a "brand name" buffer tube and buffer and spring but that's just me.

While there it's not a part that is stressed....why risk a buffer tube that might cross thread or break off in your lower.

Guest jwb68

While the UTG stocks might be ok, the spring, buffer and tube are pretty cheap. For about 30-40 bucks more you can get a much better set up.

At the last gunshow here in Nashville I got a doublestar tube stock, spring and buffer for 65.00.

Guest db99wj

Some complete upper kits come with that option. Not sure what you are looking at, but it might be a low cost addition to your upper...

Guest crotalus01

never used Tapco's AR stuff, but the SKS stock is nicely made, and the SKS magazines they make are the best I have found.

Thanks for all the advice. I went with a Tapco, and I like it. It fit well in the lower and has little to no play. I also like the part about it being made in the USA . :)

Now I just need a complete upper, but that will have to wait a couple of months...

Edited by Batman