Youth lifetime licence

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

How many of you took the gamble and bought one for your kid(s)? Mine are under 3 years old and for $200 I would think it is a deal. Any comments? I guess if he grew up and choose not to hunt it is only a $200 loss.....?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 308Phantom

I also got my son his way back when it was $100 before he turned 1. He is 10 this year and already using it. Money well spent.

The thing is that it is not a lifetime "regular" liscense but also contains WMA/big game/other benefits as well.

You can not go wring with this package and are doing yourself a disservice by not getting one for your child.

TWRA is one of the few government agencies that really work well and 100% of the money goes to them.

Guest Fenris

I also got my daughter hers for her 3rd birthday. We've been fishing a couple of times (she turns 4 next week) and I think it's money well spent. If she gets to the age she needs a license and goes hunting/fishing with me a couple of times it will have paid for itself.

Guest GunTroll

Now I saw the info on adults for the lifetime pass/license. Maybe I missed it but can someone clarify how long the child must be a resident before I would be able to purchase it? He is two now.

Guest redbarron06
I also got my daughter hers for her 3rd birthday. We've been fishing a couple of times (she turns 4 next week) and I think it's money well spent. If she gets to the age she needs a license and goes hunting/fishing with me a couple of times it will have paid for itself.

My daughter will be 6 in a couple of weeks and she enjoys the monthly magazines more than I do.

I got my daughter one and my 1 week old son will have one soon.

I think it is a great investment even if they don't use it the money will still help the TWRA with conservation efforts. But, I'm pretty sure my kids will get their moneys worth.

Guest GunTroll

I can't see why not to get one. I see they are still valid if you/the child moves out of state. That is a plus. I guess its a no brainer. I'm getting it soon after we arrive!

Guest Jcochran88

You've spent dumber money! If child don't hunt or fish then you out a couple of hundred. but if they pick up the hobby you have easily saved them a couple of thousand over their lifetime.

Guest GunTroll

I'm on it! The best part to me is if he leaves the state when he gets older for whatever reason......when he comes back to visit his old dad he can still hunt with me. Sounds like a win win situation to me.

• 1 year later...
Guest drv2fst

Got one for my son but did not think of it for my daughters. I'll need to correct that if there is still time.

What about lifetime NRA memberships? I got my son that as well but not the girls. Need to get those for the girls as well.

How many of you took the gamble and bought one for your kid(s)? Mine are under 3 years old and for $200 I would think it is a deal. Any comments? I guess if he grew up and choose not to hunt it is only a $200 loss.....?

I wish my parents would have thought to get mine when I was that young.

Now I'm stuck paying.