Some info on Huey's Resturant and the Carry Law

Guest SMZRU275

Guest SMZRU275

So I was going to at least delete huey's from my Facebook "fan pages", but I thought about leaving a comment first, then I noticed in the "photos uploaded by fans" something that caught my eye.

By clicking this is what I found. Was posted July 7th.

5935_215937885290_517265290_7566283_7082805_n.jpg

ey Huey's fans in Tennessee: we are wondering if you want to eat and drink around loaded guns? A recent TN law will allow folks to walk into your restaurants and bars packing firearms.

Think this is dumb? Please join the group "Guns And Alcohol Don't Mix" on Facebook, or check us out on the web at gunsandalcoholdontmix.org

And Huey's corporate folks... please be brave and make a corporate policy against firearms in all your stores. Thanks for taking the lead for common sense!

I left my .02

"Just because a place sells alcohol does not mean you HAVE to drink it. I thought Huey's was known for its burgers and food not the pitchers? But you can still enjoy those who illegally carry drinking and eating at this establishment. "

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I have often enjoyed Huey's when passing through Memphis. Many times going well out of my way to eat there. I guess that is a thing of the past now. Plenty of other good places to eat that are not managed by ass hats.

I went by the one on Winchester today since Sport Clips is right next store. They have a printed out sheet taped up with the ghostbusters symbol and the EXACT wording.

I looked at it, peeked inside and saw the hostess, pointed at it, shook my head, and walked away. Doubt she cared much.

Guest db99wj
Post this one up next to it:

No_guns_allowed.gif

Hmm, go ask if they have a public bulliten board, some do, and post that sucker up. Put it in with your check. Stop by a random table on the way out, hand it to the person sitting there. muahahaha

Guest Khitan

I just sent them a comment thru thier website:

======================================================

I was disappointed to see that you have decided to follow the misinformation crowd. The ones who beleive that posting no guns will keep ALL guns out of your establishment. I am a middle class guy living in Memphis. It is a violent city and I always go armed, mostly because my wife likes it that way. I was hoping to be able to bring my family to your fine establishment to enjoy some burgers (my son loves the little miners). But I wont support you if you are unable to support me in my 2nd amendmant rights.

I spent alot of time getting my handgun carry permit, I had to pass a background check and I continue to take classes to keep myself safe. I should be the kind of guy you would want in your restaurant. Please let me know when you decide to change your mind.... we would love to come and spend money in your establishment again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dont know if it will do any good or not.... but I had to do it.

Guest db99wj
I just sent them a comment thru thier website:

======================================================

I was disappointed to see that you have decided to follow the misinformation crowd. The ones who beleive that posting no guns will keep ALL guns out of your establishment. I am a middle class guy living in Memphis. It is a violent city and I always go armed, mostly because my wife likes it that way. I was hoping to be able to bring my family to your fine establishment to enjoy some burgers (my son loves the little miners). But I wont support you if you are unable to support me in my 2nd amendmant rights.

I spent alot of time getting my handgun carry permit, I had to pass a background check and I continue to take classes to keep myself safe. I should be the kind of guy you would want in your restaurant. Please let me know when you decide to change your mind.... we would love to come and spend money in your establishment again.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dont know if it will do any good or not.... but I had to do it.

I sent a letter as well, had the same tone. That was 2 days ago, no word back yet. I am thinking the guy that answers these is out of town. If I hear back, definitely will post.

Here's my letter. Hope it doesn't sound to bad, I was pissed off when I wrote it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Title: Discrimination against law abiding citizens

I'm sure you know what this is about from the title so I won't go into great detail about the law.

I am a married man, 36 years old with 4 children, college educated (degree plus more), church going, tax paying, law abiding citizen of Memphis, Tennessee that has decided that crime in Memphis, and everywhere, is such a threat that decided to protect my family by obtaining a handgun permit by going through the required training, multiple background checks and appropriate fees and paperwork.

I drove by your East Memphis location on Poplar, which I eat at a minimum of once a month, 6 times in the month of June, and saw the signs on the doors. Before, the state law would not allow me to come in armed, I would leave it in my car which is not safe in the car break in capital of the state. But today, you have shown your distrust of me. You don't believe that I can handle myself appropriately if I am armed and there is alcohol in the same building.

Do you understand that you have patrons, that are not law abiding citizens, that are criminals, that are gang members, that don't have permits, that are carrying into your locations today, yesterday, and will continue into the future. They don't care about the laws, that is why they are criminals. You might say, Hey, there are not gang members in my restaurant, bull, they like to eat too. Saw gang graffiti at Corky's Sunday. There are signs all over East Memphis and else where.

While I don't agree with your decision, I will respect your decision by not coming back to your restaurants. I hate that, I really love your food, love the burgers, absolutely love the steak sandwich(my favorite). But you made the decision that I am not welcome, after all the writing is on the "door".

The subject says "discrimination" that is a very strong word and I used it cautiously, Webster's defines discrimination as the treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination. As you can see, you have said because I am part of a "group" ie, permit holders, that I am not welcome.

I hope and wish you continued success and I know you losing my business won't hurt you, but wanted to be heard nonetheless.

Thank you for your time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Guest SMZRU275

None of these resturants enforces with signage no drinking and driving, its on the "honor system".... so a 3000lb bullet with a drunk behind the trigger doesn't matter as much.

Guest Isaac
Reply to my comment about the photo on Facebook:

That's funny. I know the guy that left the comment, he's a regular at the bar where I run karaoke on weekends, and was at the bar I worked at previously. We've been arguing with each other about political issues for years.

Actually had another patron step in a couple weeks ago thinking we were about to come to blows or something, though there was no risk of that happening. I found it fairly amusing.