Fred Thompson Running

Guest whiskeypapa

Guest whiskeypapa

Fred Thompson our former TN Senator is throwing is hat into the ring for Prez. Any one have any input on how he would be?, I kinda like the guy myself.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I think he's the only chance that the GOP has of retaining the White House in 2008, honestly. None of the other candidates do a thing for me and quite a few things about each of them really turns me off.

Thompson somewhat reminds me of Ronald Reagan, especially the way he plays up the "slow buffoon card" to the chagrin of the media and his opponents. I consider him Reagan Light because of that. :)

I also think that with Thompson as President, we stand a good chance of having awesome sound bites when he deals with loose cannons like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Can't you just hear him using Tennessee vernacular to tell Ahmadinejad that if Iran doesn't get with the program and quick, that the US is going to "put a boot up his ass" ? :rolleyes:

Guest whiskeypapa

Thats what I was looking for, I have to say that he will get my vote, Reagan was probably the Greatest Prez. that we have ever had and I think that Fred Thompson will be right up there with him.

Guest Hyaloid
Is Hillary a Sith... or the Emperor?

...and more importantly, who equates to Yoda in this race?

The old answer would have been Ross Perot, based on looks mostly :)

My big problem with professional actors in politcal office is it is hard to tell when they are acting. Most politicians are acting and it is obvious.

I see Fred acting out the part of Big John (Days of Thunder) while sitting behind the desk in the Oval Office. It worked for Reagan, you could never tell when he was acting.

I am not so sure how qualified he is to be president, not much of a Senator really. But that said it is a sad state of affairs when someone mediocre is the best choice. I hope he comes out strong and makes me want to vote for him because he has the potential for greatness, not just because he would be the lesser of the evils.

The sexual orientation comment about Hillary is very low roadish. She would be a nightmare as president because of her political beliefs, no need to crack on her for other reasons.

The sexual orientation comment about Hillary is very low roadish. She would be a nightmare as president because of her political beliefs, no need to crack on her for other reasons.

Yeah, but its more fun that way!

The GOP suffers from a leadership gap, having basically executed anyone in a leadership role, like Newt Gingrich, Bob Barr, and now Larry Craig. Typically you look to governors for presidential material and, outside of the gov of MS, I dont see anyone.

Guest triggertime

Taking the high road way too often has been shown to deprive your brain of essential oxygen due to the elevation. Sometimes you have to come down for air and take a breath to recharge your reserves and stimulate your sense of humor so it doesn't atrophy, dry up and fall off.

I lost any sort of respect for Hillary years ago when she decided to "stand by her man" instead of divorcing his worthless butt.

My wife has duly informed me that if I ever "mess up" she'll be leaving me, and I don't doubt that she is serious. :)

I lost any sort of respect for Hillary years ago when she decided to "stand by her man" instead of divorcing his worthless butt.

I am a believer in solemn vows. I do not know about anyone else but my marriage vows mentioned good times and bad and death til you part stuff. About the only reason to leave is abuse. I have been married near twenty years and without some stick-to-it mentality I would be divorced. You got to work at marriage. And no, no one is cheating or has in my marriage.

I do not lose any respect for someone who stays married.

I believe in not cheating or doing something the will hurt your marriage. But some marriages are to people who are scum and the marriage isn't worth saving. I see no shame in divorce from someone who doesn't take their vows seriously - like Bill Clinton. Staying with him shows one of her character flaws. She stayed with him because it was politically advantageous for her.

And my wife has told me she will divorce me if I vote for Hillary. :)

Evertything in Hillary's life has been calculated towards politics.

Great joke:

Bill and Hillary go back to Little Rock to visit. They end up at this greasy spoon diner. Hillary nudges Bill and says

"You see that guy behind the counter flipping burgers? I know him. We dated in high school."

Bill responds,

"You see. You married me instead and ended up married to the president of the united states."

Hillary says,

"Bill, if I had married him, I still would be married to the president of the united states."