UPS Doesn't Want Me Shooting My Mosin This Weekend

I ordered my 800 round case of Czech 7.62x54R ammo for my Mosin last Sunday. Placing the order from Aim Surplus was a breeze. Apparently it was the end of their stock because it's no longer available. I was really impressed that they didn't even charge a shipping fee. Tuesday I got an email from them that, oops, they neglected to add a shipping charge to my order but, no problem, they would tack it on to my billing. OK, at least it's coming! I'm not quite as impressed but I got a ship confirmation and it's scheduled to be delivered today, Friday. Alright, ammo for the East TN TGO Shoot Saturday. I came home today from out of town hoping to find a package by the door but not yet. Ok, UPS usually delivers around 6PM. I checked UPS tracking and, yes, it's "OUT FOR DELIVERY". Oh joy! 7 o'clock rolls around and still no UPS. Hmmmm. Let's check the package tracking again. This time it says "THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE UPS FACILITY, UPS WILL DELIVER ON THE NEXT BUSINESS DAY". Imagine my dismay. Of course, it's now too late to drive over to the UPS facillity to pick it up. Is this some kind of an omen?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you really want to come join us I can spot you some ammo.

Let me know how many rounds you want. I am sure I can cover you.

Thank you, kind sir! I do have 40 rounds and judging from what I keep hearing, my shoulder may not last that long. I just needed to rant a little. I was looking forward to that Czech aroma though. If you have a little extra with you just in case I need it, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for some ammo today" as Wimpy would say. Or the next time we get together anyway. I am still planning to go tomorrow as I want to shoot my Carcano too. Blackbeltchick has a new 1911 she wants to try out and will be joining me. See you there! Norris at 1. Hope I can find it.

Motasyco, I can float you a few rounds of the Czech if you come to the shoot tomorrow. Enough to give you a taste. ;)

I was about to pitch a bitch halfway through your post about that free shipping. Was about to call AIM! 'Cause the shipping I paid was substantial (in my mind).

Motasyco, I can float you a few rounds of the Czech if you come to the shoot tomorrow. Enough to give you a taste. :)

I was about to pitch a bitch halfway through your post about that free shipping. Was about to call AIM! 'Cause the shipping I paid was substantial (in my mind).

Thanks Garufa. Between what I have and the generosity from you and Mike.357, I expect I won't be able to lift my right arm on Sunday. ;)

EUREKA! The UPS guy just showed up with my 800 round case. Better late than later. He only had 1 of 2 boxes so I guess the other ammo I ordered is the "forgotten" package that will arrive next week. A partial apology to UPS. They're still holding my Carcano ammo.

Rats. Historical shooting postponed again!

Looking forward to seeing you both, regardless.:lol:

- Mac

Oh, not postponed. The Carcano ammo I ordered from AIM didn't arrive but I do have a few or 60 rounds I have aquired over the past few weeks by other means. You will shoot the Carcano.

Guest beefcakeb0

i wasnot as lucky with the ups guy and my ammunition yesterday/ today.... i didnt get the tracking number like i asked for, and had no idea when to expect a package on my doorstep, which ended up stolen between 12 and 4pm

i wasnot as lucky with the ups guy and my ammunition yesterday/ today.... i didnt get the tracking number like i asked for, and had no idea when to expect a package on my doorstep, which ended up stolen between 12 and 4pm

You can usually request a signature required delivery if theft is a concern. If you're not there they leave a door tag and you can call them and arrange to pick it up. Just curious but who did you order from that wouldn't provide a tracking number?

Guest beefcakeb0

im hesitant to mention his/ her name until its resolved but its a senior member on this site.... im not complaining.... yet! just aggravated at ups for leaving it anyway... they have also left 2( two) $600+ phones on the same doorstep, once on its debut and another occasion 6 months ago, even when sprint claims they requested a signature.

now we have to wait... b4 i see any product or $dough

UPS does not know what is in every box. If it is not signature required, they might leave the box, even if it's a diamond ring. If they know it's a diamond ring, they won't leave it. The shipper is to blame for this. For every person that bitches because UPS left a box, 10 others are bitching because they didn't.

Guest beefcakeb0

apparently the box was marked with a sticker, stating the contents are hazmat, and declared it ammunition at the time he shipped it... which was after and before i asked for the tracking infrmation, which i didnt get until it was "at my door".

Ammunition is not hazmat. It's ORM-D.

If you wanted the tracking number to know what day to expect it, it's a shame they didn't give it to you. If you wanted the tracking number to know what TIME to expect it, that's not realistic.

Edited by deerslayer
Guest beefcakeb0

thats what he said, but the ups chick said haz on the phone... i dont know who to believe, but i have to wait to hear jack

thats what he said, but the ups chick said haz on the phone... i dont know who to believe, but i have to wait to hear jack

I've shipped ammunition via UPS before. All they require is that the package have ORMD on it in some form. I've always just written it on the package with a marker, haven't had any issues or had HazMat mentioned.

Guest beefcakeb0

i dont doubt the fact that "she" more than likely was wrong... shipper states there was ormd when i asked the otherday

the corporate # said that if it was an apt complex they shoulda known but the local store disagreed, all i know is you had to be of a legal age to recieve these and it seems the driver wouldve given it to anybody... heaven help if theres some kid loading his dads gun right now