29 members have voted

1. 1. Preliminary Headcount for October 2007 Mid-TN Meet n' Shoot

• YES - Definitely count me in.
    • MAYBE - It sounds really good but I won't know until closer to the event

• Administrator

What: Meet and Shoot (not each other!) for Middle TN Members

When: October 2007

Where: Undetermined... may be near Winchester, TN

I'm trying to get a preliminary head count of members who might be able to participate in a Middle TN get together. Those East TN guys are really making us look bad with their regular meet n' shoots! :lol:

This would be on a Saturday in October and would likely span from mid morning until late afternoon. If we can do this somewhere near Winchester then we can all meet up at Hero Gear, clean out Joe's inventory, grab some lunch nearby and then head to a range.

None of this is firm. I haven't even spoken with Joe about this but I'm pretty sure he'd be OK with folks coming in and buying up a bunch of stuff since that's what he is in business for. :D

The reason I am throwing this out here in the public is because a preliminary head count of people who would most likely attend would be a good thing to have for planning purposes. So, please take a moment and vote in the poll attached to this thread and let me know if you might be able to make it if something like this is put together.

Thanks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I have been thinking the same thing. I am in depemding on the VOLS schedule.

TiVo that sucker and put your friends on alert that if anyone tells you the score [they'll lose] before you get home to watch the game [where they lost] that you'll break open a can [like 'Bama usually does] on them when you get back.

:lol:

PS: If my subliminal suggestions torqued you, I guess you'll have to come to the shoot [and skip the game] and talk to me about it. :D

I'm there, and may be willing to relieve Joe of one of his "evil black rifles" to celebrate the occasion.

See... this is already sounding like a good idea! :D

October is a bad time for me. (Not that you guys know me that well.) Knob Creek is

the 13-14th, and I have a Backpacking trip planned for the first week of Oct.

So in other words... I'll be broke. :lol:

Wouldn't be opposed to meeting some of you gents one day though.

Does anyone else love that there is not a "No" option? I do.

It'd be awesome to go pick up that LR-308B with the Magpul PRS and a burris or zeiss scope with the harris bi-pod... but i'm about 2g's short.

Oh well... I'll just bring my Baer and hit up Joe's (well, I guess it's "Dan's" this week, as Joe is out playing with the boys for a couple weeks) for some ammo.

**BRENT**

Guest Boomhower

If you guys do it in Winchester, a few of us E. TN guys might be able/willing to make it out. It'd be a great chance to meet a lot of you guys on the other side of the island. It might even be negotiable to fore go the E. TN that month and have one big wompin meet in Oct. I’ve been wanting to make it out to Joe’s myself, and this would be a great excuse for the long drive. Any of you E. TN guys out there listening???

Guest GlocKingTN

Us west tn guys may try to make it as well. If we were to be invited that is. But the second or third weekend in Oct. would be best for me!

And if people that own a Glock are invited!

Now this is starting to get interesting. Sounds like more and more fun.

GlocKingTN -they are letting me come and I'll be wearing my G19, so you should be good to go. (But maybe they are only letting me come because I might drop some change at Joe's???)

If you bring a Glock they will give a ribbing... When I walked in to Hero Gear with a Glock 26 they started trying to "sell me a real gun" And after six months I bought a Springfield Armory 1911. Now I have traded both my Glocks for a couple of CZ's and I could not be happier. Glock free since 8-25-07.

The Glock 26 I had shot nice. The .40 cal I had I never really liked...

BTW the Sp A 1911 is a lot more fun to shoot than my other pistols, except maybe the Colt Lawman...

Guest GlocKingTN
Hmmm... on one hand, "Glock" is in the name... on the other hand... "Moderator" is under the name... tough call... tough call...

**BRENT**

P.S. :)

Thats a hard one huh?:D

I don't have anything high-dollar but anyone's welcome to shoot anything I bring. :)

First of all Tungsten.....H&K...hello!!!!!!

Im also wanting to put a few through that Kimber myself! And whatever else I can get my hands on!

• Administrator

First of all Tungsten.....H&K...hello!!!!!!

Im also wanting to put a few through that Kimber myself! And whatever else I can get my hands on!

Heh... that H&K wasn't as expensive as you might think. The P2000 is maybe $200 more than a Glock 23 if you count taxes. But you're more than welcome to shoot the hell out of it, and will likely shoot it better than I do if my luck continues to hold out. :D

Guest GlocKingTN
Heh... that H&K wasn't as expensive as you might think. The P2000 is maybe $200 more than a Glock 23 if you count taxes. But you're more than welcome to shoot the hell out of it, and will likely shoot it better than I do if my luck continues to hold out. :D

$200? Thats half of another gun for me!:) But thanks for the offer!

I think that can be arranged!

West Tennessee, North Georgia, Glock, wheelgun, flintlock... spear and sling. Doesn't matter. All will be welcome. But Len better bring his Kimber. :D