Other Hobbies

Mark@Sea

Guest Jason F.

Mostly Motorcycles. I ride to work pretty much everyday, ride the twisty roads on the weekends, and I am building a Vintage Road Racing bike at the moment to race with WERA and AHRMA. In fact I picked up a bunch of my paperwork and another part for my bike at the WERA Races here in Nashville earlier today.

I brew my own beer. Along with that I enjoy building and welding on the equipment needed to make the beer. I like to tour breweries when out of town as well if it is some place I have not been before. I am pretty much a beer geek.

I have in the past been pretty involved with grassroots road racing and autocross with the Sports Car Club Of America but I have gotten out of it as of late. Building the race bike is taking up too much time and money so I sold my race car.

I actually enjoy working in the yard a good bit as well. Unless it is just miserable hot outside I am one of those weird people who like to mow the yard and dig in the floor beds.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, when I started, we had alot of stray dogs in the neighborhood, that was a sure way to get rid of them...

just start playing Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult, at Full Volume (see Mars' post about the less talented the band, the louder they play) and watch them run!!!

:koolaid:

LOL, I think I have you beat. One fine spring day I decided playing outside on the deck would be a good idea. Apparently I offended at least 1 bird in the neighborhood and it flew over and dropped a bomb right on my guitar! Scared the shinola out of me when it hit. So much for soothing the savage beast and all that bullsh*t. :up:

Cars, although mine is at a point where any more money into it would be a waste.

Guns, where all the money that used to go into a car hoes now.

Video games, although not competitively anymore so it truly is a hobby now.

And guess what...I play the guitar. As for why I started playing, two words....Led Zeppelin.

Had a local music shop that was set up at the Rhythm & Roots festival give me a CF Martin (Martin Guitar) Straw Hat this weekend. Made by Peter Grimm.

18N0037.JPG

"Stay cool in the sun at your next festival or jam session with the new CF Martin Straw Hat. This Peter Grimm brand hat, has a pre-curved brim with a navy fabric band, displaying the CF Martin logo in white embroidery. One size fits all."

Made in China, of course. The Martin hat band just slips off. Since my level of guitar playing expertise would be closer to using one of those chinchy instruments that Roy Clark advertised on TV than a Martin, I'll probably remove the band to prevent someone asking me to play. But I am getting into the hammer dulcimer.

But I'm beginning to wonder about you guys who like cars and music, and even guns, more than women. :D

Mars, you were at R&R? I played there with April Taylor Saturday, at the State Line Bar and Grille...

Well hell.... Wish I had known that. My wife does jewelry and we were one of the vendors. Waynesan was there Saturday night too and dropped by to talk for a couple of minutes.

I kept wandering into the indoor stages and after a couple of songs remembering that they served beer and that I was packing. I did not immediately leave because of that. Those restaurant laws are so stupid. I tend to ignore stupid laws.

LOL, I think I have you beat. One fine spring day I decided playing outside on the deck would be a good idea. Apparently I offended at least 1 bird in the neighborhood and it flew over and dropped a bomb right on my guitar! Scared the shinola out of me when it hit. So much for soothing the savage beast and all that bullsh*t. :rolleyes:

My buddy and I sit out on the back deck and play guitar and sing until the weee hours of the morning at least every other saturday night. We have been doing this for the past 3 years and never had one complaint. We even have had several people that live within ear shot invite themselves over to sit a listen.

well, when I started, we had alot of stray dogs in the neighborhood, that was a sure way to get rid of them...

just start playing Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult, at Full Volume (see Mars' post about the less talented the band, the louder they play) and watch them run!!!

:rolleyes:

I bought an old Harmony electric from a buddy for $40 including amplifier. Brought it home plugged it up in the garage and beat the hell out of it for about 30 minutes. The next day when I got home from school, my mother had bought me a teach yourself guitar book and taken the amplifier away. She told me until I could play something that sounded like music I wasn't getting it back. Within 6 months I had a Gibson US-2 electric and a Rockman Soloist headphone amp. Great invention that.

I bought an old Harmony electric from a buddy for $40 including amplifier. Brought it home plugged it up in the garage and beat the hell out of it for about 30 minutes. The next day when I got home from school, my mother had bought me a teach yourself guitar book and taken the amplifier away. She told me until I could play something that sounded like music I wasn't getting it back. Within 6 months I had a Gibson US-2 electric and a Rockman Soloist headphone amp. Great invention that.

is that a suggestion?:shrug:

I just got finished speaking with the head of maint. here at my apartments.

he was really nice.

we've come to an agreement. I teach him to scuba dive and he teaches me to play the mandolin. :taser:

I played a little bit of harmonica with him and he got that old familiar gleam in his eye...he plays gospel bluegrass and blues.