Other Hobbies

Mark@Sea

One of my other major hobbies - restoring and using old Coleman lanterns, lamps and stoves.

This 1921 model QL327 lantern, for example, burns as brightly as Colemans' modern offerings.

If you have something like this gathering dust in your attic or barn, drop me a line!

quicklite3.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hobbies? Hmmm...

- Transforming basement into manly den of testosterone.

- Tinker with automobiles (sometimes this qualifies as a necessity rather than a hobby... especially when my wife drove a Ford :D)

- Fulfiling the desires of my lovely, sweet, talented wife

(this list OBVIOUSLY in reverse order of priority)

(this list OBVIOUSLY in reverse order of priority)

Obviously!

Mine, in no particular order, besides the shooting sports:

1) Flying (too expensive to be more than an occasional passion)

2) SCUBA (yeah, like I'm ever anywhere close to the water...)

3) 20th century military history

4) All things political

-Cars

-RC Planes

-Bass player

Those are it for now. Between two Mustangs, an RC plane, and shooting often, I spend quite a bit of cash on having fun ;)

Would you be looking for any Rc cars & accessories? I got a bunch of stuff left over I don't have the time any longer.

Guest sicorican

Besides shooting stuff with pistols, shotguns and rifles, I like...

Woodworking

Playing Guitar

Reading

Politics

Computer games

Better yet, to quote the immortal Beavis & Butthead:

"I like stuff that's cool"

Huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh huh-huh!

:lol:

Guest Boomhower

Hobbies......wow.....hobbies....let's see

Well that about sums it up for me. I swear, one of these days I'm gonna retire from life and just work. It seems like the older I get, the more crap I have to jam into a day.

Oh wait, I do get to make it out to a shoot every other blue moon.

Wow, the TGO All Star Jamboree.....

How many guitar players do we have and why did you pick it up in the first place.

Be honest - I did it to get chicks. It worked, until I got older and then I found that giving a good massage could get you a lot further than singing an 80's power ballad.

I play acoustic, but not well at all. In fact, saying I play guitar is a disgrace to the art. :lol:

Guest Phantom6

In no particular order-

• music- I play guitar, piano and a little banjo
  • woodworking- I enjoy building furnature
  • Computers- digital pixel manipulation
  • writing- I write a column for a local paper and I do a newsletter and ezine for a couple of friends
  • Shooting sports
  • construction- I am just finishing up a remodel job on an investment house we bought a couple of months ago and am getting ready to add a couple of rooms and remodel our home.

This is what I do in my free time when I'm not working as a marketing consultant or firearms instructor

I debated adding "women" to my list. They are more of a passion than a hobby, but sure, why not.

I never thought of reading as a hobby, but I do a great deal of it during free time, so I guess it qualifies.

Oh, and anything that's big and shiny and electronic and gizmo-y.

Tower, sure, let's SCUBA away! I always liked freshwater diving. I dove a quarry around here once, has a rusted out school bus at the bottom. That was much fun. Also has this HUGE catfish, how it got there I don't know, but it must be as old as me and big as a shark.

Cars

Cars

Women

Cars

In that order.

Guest nitrous_mike

Top of my list is automobiles rather it be classic or modern cars/trucks I just love em and I wind up spending way more money and time on them then I should. Its just something about the whole showing how much pride that I take every aspect of my work, and well cars/trucks are best way that I can express that.

Next would be guns, while I usually buy the automobiles to fix up, have a lil fun with them, then sell them, I do not sell my guns unless I have problems with the gun or just hate it for some reason. I kinda think of a gun as a better investment then a home maybe I am more crazy then most people think but IMO something that can feed you, protect you, & bring some happiness into your life is worth hanging on to.

Then I guess my other big hobby is duck hunting. There is nothing better then getting up at 2AM just to drive another hour and half to mostly watch the sun rise over a swamp and have a good time with friends. The fun of working a group of mallards and watching them turn in closer until they lock up is something you just have to see to enjoy. Not to mention its hard to beat wild duck/goose and dressing for Christmas.

I still enjoy fishing but I have not had time to do much lately, not to mention this has been the worst year I can ever remember for any thing outdoors.

I play acoustic, but not well at all. In fact, saying I play guitar is a disgrace to the art. :koolaid:

well, when I started, we had alot of stray dogs in the neighborhood, that was a sure way to get rid of them...

just start playing Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult, at Full Volume (see Mars' post about the less talented the band, the louder they play) and watch them run!!!

:up:

Hunting

Building ARs

Shooting ARs

Cleaning ARs

Reloading for all guns but mostly the ARs

Looking at parts for ARs

Fantasy Football

Reading (sometimes about ARs or the Cheaper than Dirt mags)

Surfing 458Socomforums.com, AR15.com (you knew that was coming), TGO

Did I mention I like AR 15s and their variants?