Brooks and Dunn calls it quits

Guest bhoneycutt

Guest bhoneycutt

Brooks & Dunn call it quits. (Cowgirls, commence crying!) | EW.com

Late this afternoon, venerable country duo Brooks & Dunn posted the following to their website:

To Our Fans:

After 20 years of making music and riding this trail together, we have agreed as a duo that it’s time call it a day. This ride has been everything and more than we could ever have dreamed …. We owe it all to you, the fans. If you hear rumors, don’t believe them, it’s just time.

We will release our #1s … and Then Some on September 8th and come see you all one more time in 2010, with The Last Rodeo Tour (dates to be announced).

Brooks & Dunn

It’s not often that a group goes out while still ever so much on top: Kix and Ronnie’s most recent single — the Reba-enhanced “Cowgirls Don’t Cry†— was, in my opinion, just another fine addition to this twosome’s long and gloriously melodic history, stretching all the way back to their incredible 1991 debut, Brand New Man, and those lonesome high school Saturday nights when I’d lie in my bedroom and sob while listening to “Neon Moon†on repeat.

I’m trying to get one of these gentlemen on the phone in the coming days, but until then, watch the video of my favorite Brooks & Dunn track (â€My Maria,†which I know is a cover, but it’s so good) and share your favorites and your memories in the comments. Sniff.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a shame. I'm not a country music fan, but Kix and Ronnie are two of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. And they were one of very few country acts I really liked.

I've spent lots of time with both of them, as well as their immediate and extended families. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better group of folks. Even with all their fame and money, they never treated anyone as if they were a lower-class citizen. Not that I ever saw, anyway.

I'm sure we'll hear from them again, sooner or later.

Kix is also doing radio. He's on WIVK every Sunday morning doing the Country Countdown. I wasn't surprised. 20 years is a long time and they've probably made more money than they know what to do with. Glad to see them go out on top! They are a class act!

Guest FroggyOne2
funny, they are breaking up but first an album of greatest hits and another tour.

It is just a scheme to make more money.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I wonder, you think that they came up with this idea after listening to an Eagles song maybe?

Guest mustangdave

Have to say my fondest memory of B&D was going to a "country bar" in VaBeach with a Marine buddy of mine back in 95...we were out prowlin' and growlin' and saw my EX and her Bran New Man "attempting" to LINE dance to Boot Scootin' Boogie...I was thankful it was semi dark...cause I was laughin my ass off...I promptly remnamed the song the Boot Shufflin' Waddle

Guest FroggyOne2

I can tell you that I have played in enough bands to know that I don't care to hear any of their music anytime soon.. I enjoy playing country.. but I don't sit around listening to it..

Yea I saw Ronnie Dunn running aound downtown one day in a nice little red Ferrari. I dont think either one of them will have to pick up a part time job any time soon.

-Jason G

That was a step up from his red Viper.

He was nice enough to let me squeeze my fat ass into his Viper and sit on his custom Harley. He wasn't nice enough to take either for a spin, but I wasn't about to complain.

Guest eyebedam
That was a step up from his red Viper.

He was nice enough to let me squeeze my fat ass into his Viper and sit on his custom Harley. He wasn't nice enough to take either for a spin, but I wasn't about to complain.

I bet that was cute :(

I wonder, you think that they came up with this idea after listening to an Eagles song maybe?

People do that all the time to make money. I went to the sold out Ozzie tour "No More Tours" promised to be his last back in the early 90's.

I dont like country music but Brooks and Dunn did have a great career.