Glock Lube

Guest SUNTZU

Since I've had an AR, BreakFree CLP, the other 13 years I would clean it religiously with Hoppes #9 but no oil or grease. Glocks were designed to get dirty. I just typed this line squinting through the gap between the slide and frame!(I have to look at the keyboard)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mikedwood

I put some Miltec 1 on my G26 last week and that seems to be working well. Three coats and heat it up in between with a hair dryer. I have done it to several of my guns and it seems to work very well.

It seemed to cure my AR's ills so I'm wild about the stuff at the moment.

• 1 month later...

I personally use Shooter's Choice grease. It comes in a handy syringe-type applicator which makes it mess-free pretty much. I just run a small bead down the four slide rails on the frame and rack the slide serveral times and wipe off the excess and it works pretty good. Just my .02.

I'd like to see what you guys use for lubricating your Glock. I've been using Breakfree CLP. I've heard of using white lithium grease. Slip 2000 was recommended by a gunsmith, though he said that he doesn't generally worry about it with his own. What are you Glock owners using for your pistols?

SUNTZU:_________

Tetra grease on the slide, CLP (just a drop or two) everywhere else.

For what it's worth. Got a buddy who is a well known gunsmith. Asked him the same question. His reply: They are all good; buy what is on sale at Brownells, Midway, etc. All the synthetic lubes are great.

Kind regards,

LEROY

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iamtwon

I use CLP for looks, but for the real contact points of the gun, high temperature all purpose stuff from Wal-Mart for 4$.

The exact name = Super Tech - Extreme Pressure Multi Duty Complex High-Temp Grease

It stays put.

When you pick up the gun 2 weeks from cleaning without shooting, the grease is still there. No reason not to use this stuff (or something similar of course).

I apply with a toothpick myself.

I put some Miltec 1 on my G26 last week and that seems to be working well. Three coats and heat it up in between with a hair dryer. I have done it to several of my guns and it seems to work very well.

It seemed to cure my AR's ills so I'm wild about the stuff at the moment.

+1

I do the 3 coats/hair dyer treatment on all my guns. After regular cleanings I put a very light coat on the manufacturer recommended areas (but this is probably not even necessary).

Guest 70below
Whats the reason to use a hair dryer?

You guys must not have many guns. If I used a hair dryer on all my guns,It'd take a week to lube the things

The heat bonds whatever's in the mili-tec to the metal and is supposed to continue to lubricate even when removed. They say you can fire the gun to heat it, or use an external heating method.