Delton M4 problem

Guest mikedwood

Guest mikedwood

The problem is it's a jam-o-matic and getting worse. What could be causing it? It has about 150 rounds through it.

I have several different mags and ammo choices. It has jambed on all.

Could I be running it to dry or wet?

Could I have put it back together wrong when cleaning?

I did put an ambidextrous mag release on it but it jambed before that. Last time at the range it was light primer strikes though, that was after the addition.

I don't think it's the gun as a whole. It's my 1st AR platform gun I feel I did something wrong.

Any thoughts?

I was going to try and doll it up with some tacticool stuff for fun, I don't think jambing several times a mag is fun.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For one AR's need to be very wet. That being said I ran mine on the dry side (both DT's) and never had a problem. I assume it is a 5.56 not a .223? If you are using 5.56 in a .223 barrel you could have pressure issues.

Guest mikedwood
what kind of mags are you using?.....who assembled it? I have a SAR-3 for sale that doesnt jam ;-D

Yeah, go ahead and rub it.... I want that gun. I wish you still wanted that Sub2k.

I have some mil sec, some pmags and the green follower ones that are suppose to be the good ones.

For one AR's need to be very wet. That being said I ran mine on the dry side (both DT's) and never had a problem. I assume it is a 5.56 not a .223? If you are using 5.56 in a .223 barrel you could have pressure issues.

It's suppose to shoot both. I only have .223 ammo though.

I do have it a bit on the dry side. I think next time out I'll make it wet and try that.

I had problems with my gas carrier key wiggling loose at about 200 rounds on my del-ton build. After restaking the key and learning how to properly use my chamber brush it has ran flawlessly for about 500 rounds. I use CLP exclusively in it and it is wet enough that after some ZOMBIE WAVE drills you can see the steam! I use P mags now because I was having trouble with the first round not being stripped from a couple of green follower aluminum mags I have. If you switch uppers with someone and shoot both combos with same ammo and magazine you should be able to tell which half needs some tweaking. good Luck

Guest mikedwood
What kind of jam are you having? Basically whats it doing?

-Jason G

Last time it was light strikes and wouldn't go all the way into battery at times.

Then a time or two the one that was suppose to go in the chamber wouldn't make it all the way.

If the chamber or locking lugs have carbon build up, or gunk from shell casings then the bolt won't close completely. Perhaps when you pull the trigger some of the hammer blow is absorbed by the whole assembly moving forward ever so slightly. I bought a gi cleaning kit and chamber brush from the army surplus store down the road. I use alot of CLP and push it in really hard and turn it clockwise 7 full rotations. I don't know if this will cause premature wear, but I do know that it works for me. Maybe someone with more experience knows a better way? I was having extraction issues and blaming light primer strikes on my Wolf ammo. But now that I think about the rest of the case went bang every time....

I would say clean and lube for the failure to chamber. Check the recoil spring and buffer for freedom of travel. Disassemble the bolt from the carrier - clean any carbon and lube.

Check your hammer and hammer spring with the top half off - do not allow the hammer to strike the lower - use your thumb or a block of wood.

So you have anything other than standard trigger group parts?

You can bring to me and swap parts until we find the problem.

Guest mikedwood

Wow. I cleaned it and went to the range with Brazilnuts. It ran 50 through like a champ 100%. I think either I was running it to dry or Brazilnuts said I was babying the slide when putting it into battery.

Ran both .223 and 5.56.

Either way it's a great gun now.

Thanks for all the help guys. I was fully prepared to try some or all of your ideas.

Guest db99wj

Glad to hear that you were the jam-o-matic and not the Delton.....you know what I mean.....I still haven't shot mine yet....money and schedule have messed me up.

Guest mikedwood
Lock the bolt back before inserting the magazine then close with the bolt release. That's how I was trained and it avoids short stroking it with the charging handle.

Glad to hear everything worked out.

I can see how that might matter. Thanks for the tip.