Steve Gill

Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate what this guy does and what he stands for, but my God. I tried listening to him agian this morning, and he literally just repeats himself over, and over, and over agian. Sometimes word-for-word. It's not like he's taking a call and answering the same question with the same response, either.

It'd similiar to if I was speaking to a crowd of people, and said "Thank you for coming, we got alot to talk about today! We have Mosin Nagants coming in, glocks galore, we also have Dennis that will be here to talk about how he bid on some more police guns, and alot of other stuff!" and said that same thing, sometimes back to back, at LEAST 4 or 5 times in between breaks. It drives me freakin nuts.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

That's how I got about Jim Rome. Just beats a topic over and over again, and pauses way too long way too many times. His show is 4 hours (3 here), but if you took out the pauses he does, it'd be like an hour, maybe.

Sometimes when I turn on the radio and it's already on his station, I won't here anything so I'll turn my radio then he's like "Sup clones!!!" and my ears explode...

You have to realize Mr. Gill was a practicing attorney at one point in his life...so talking A LOT and REPEATING is a trained SKILL

God lawyers like to hear themselves talk. I dont they are taught that I think they have a crazy gene or something. While we agree on alot of issues, I can't stand Steve Gill. He drones on and on.

As to Jim Rome.... he is CLASSIC rack him im out.

As far as I'm concerned, almost all local radio hosts are just like Steve Gill. Repetitive and boring. Nashville has some of the crappiest radio, period. Especially politics and sports.

Then you have Dave Ramsey. I am a firm believer and follower of his debt-free message, but there are only so many ways you can tell people to quit spending money they don't have and start saving. That show got way old a very long time ago.

I am a big fan of Jim Rome, but I can't force myself to liststen to regular radio anymore. Plus, they quite playing his entire show in the Nashville area.

If it's not on Sirius/XM, I don't listen to it.

I really like Phil Valentine. He is on at a bad time, however: 4-8 in the evening. I used to listen to him more when he was on in the mornings. He's mainly a political show, but he's actually funny. No end of the world crap every day. Steve Gill isn't funny at all.

Guest HexHead
I really like Phil Valentine. He is on at a bad time, however: 4-8 in the evening. I used to listen to him more when he was on in the mornings. He's mainly a political show, but he's actually funny. No end of the world crap every day. Steve Gill isn't funny at all.

The best part of Phil's show is Johnny B. :stare: