Those of you who dared to think big... New Firearms Event Coming Soon!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about "population centers" since that might be a better term.

• Nashville, TN
  • Chattanooga, TN
  • Huntsville, AL

Further out...

• Knoxville, TN
  • Memphis, TN
  • Towns in Northern Georgia
  • Towns in Northern Alabama

That would put in Winches.... Oh Oh! can I say it yet?

• Administrator

Spent the day with Joe looking over the event venue, taking pictures of the venue, and speaking with ATF agents. Everything is a go and we're still set to kick off on December 12th.

I'll post some pictures of the facility's insides tomorrow. :shake:

Spent the day with Joe looking over the event venue, taking pictures of the venue, and speaking with ATF agents. Everything is a go and we're still set to kick off on December 12th.

I'll post some pictures of the facility's insides tomorrow. :poop:

A few details:

- The building we are operating out of is over 150,000sqft. (yeah, huge)

- The exhibition hall we will be using is over 65,000sqft.

- Of that 65,000sqft, 100% will be Guns, Gear, Training, 2A related. *This means that the guys that attend gunshows for beef jerky and dream catchers will be disappointed... :)

- We are hand picking premium/key vendors, and have already secured commitments from several well known shops and manufactures.

- We are working on a series of clinics/seminars that will be available on a low/no cost basis. Some ideas include:

Build your own AR lower

NFA Question and Answer

NFA Trust workshop

Boresighting

Holster selection

Handgun maintenance and cleaning

Low light shooting primer

Personal defense/situation awareness

ASP Certification

OC Certification

more to come...(we welcome your ideas)

We will have a hospitality suite (think Skybox at the Superbowl) available for TGO Benefactors :shake:

A few teaser pics:

IMG_0681.jpg

Looking left

IMG_0671.jpg

Looking right

IMG_0667.jpg

Edited by BimmerFreak
Guest HexHead
Spent the day with Joe looking over the event venue, taking pictures of the venue, and speaking with ATF agents.

Why does the ATF have to be involved?

• Administrator
Want me to post a few teaser pics?

If you've got some handy. :shake:

Why does the ATF have to be involved?

Guns, maybe? Actually the Agent that I spoke with this morning was a pretty cool guy. Good sense of humor. Knew your name.

Guest HexHead
If you've got some handy. :poop:

Guns, maybe? Actually the Agent that I spoke with this morning was a pretty cool guy. Good sense of humor. Knew your name.

Do they regulate all the gun shows, or is it because of Hero-Gear's involvement since they're a Class III dealer?

Seems like I get asked about a lot. :shake:

• Administrator
Do they regulate all the gun shows, or is it because of Hero-Gear's involvement since they're a Class III dealer?

Seems like I get asked about a lot. :poop:

ATF pays attention to gun shows because there are certain requirements that must be met in order to host them. Hero Gear's Class III status really doesn't even come into play. In fact, it was never even brought up. :shake:

The ATF is involved because David and I are committed to doing this correctly, and we want to make sure these events rock your face off!

ATF understanding our goals and giving us the thumbs up is critical, and we want to make sure we have all of the blocks checked.

• Administrator

Here are some photos from within the area that will host the Guns & Gear Expo. Keep in mind that they are still converting it from a factory to a market-place, so there is construction debris laying around and more work yet to be done.

These should at least give everyone an idea of just how large the room is going to be.

20090821-IMG_6722.jpg

20090821-IMG_6723.jpg

20090821-IMG_6724.jpg

• Administrator
David this looks like alot of work. Is there anything we can do to help out?

Thankfully there are some professional contractors hard at work on the facility itself. But YES... there will be some opportunities for TGO Members to help out and make a few bucks for themselves in the process. As we get closer to the event, we'll start posting more information about these opportunities. :)

Oh, and I seem to have omitted a really important feature:

Joe @ Hero Gear is extremely passionate about supporting those who support the cause. He often provides special "TGO Benefactor Only" deals and discounts. When we started talking about this new collaboration, he was insistent that we find some way to provide something really cool to TGO Benefactors in the process.

As a result, there will be a TGO Benefactor Hospitality Suite on site. :D

We were checking out the room yesterday and it is 1,800 square feet of second-floor goodness that overlooks a portion of the show floor. Inside we're planning to stock it with some comfy couches, big screen TV, a pool table, and complimentary snacks and drinks for the Benefactors. It will be a kick ass place to hang out and socialize with your fellow TGO members and rest your weary feet from tromping around the show.

:)

Go ahead an count me in for some labor when needed. I'm not interested in "making a few bucks" - donate that to the cause. Keep it up guys. :D

+1 to that idea! I am totally down to help out with some free labor for the cause. Come to think of it...I have a co-worker that'd definitely be down to help as well. I guess that makes +2 to that idea.

Just let us know when and where to report. We'll be there 15 min. early.

Paul

Guest H0TSH0T
im an electrician if anything of that sort needs to be done.

also am mechanically inclined, and can help with most aspects of construction aside from sheetrock work

i may be able to donate services if the location is near, have other obligations but can donate weekends, i am a painter, and can do most kinds of restoration work, sheet rock finish carpentry, you name it, just let me know.

+1 to that idea! I am totally down to help out with some free labor for the cause. Come to think of it...I have a co-worker that'd definitely be down to help as well. I guess that makes +2 to that idea.

Just let us know when and where to report. We'll be there 15 min. early.

Paul

Ditto. TGO as a group has helped me. I'll help the cause.