I'm safe in TN, Not

Guest trigem

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they won't allow us to carry in parks? How **cked up is that! I know it didn't happen in a park, but still. That's one place you would expect this to happen.

Speaking of parks, Chicagoans are wringing their hands over so much gun violence in Grant Park according to WGNonline. When I read the story I thought, "see what all those restrictive laws have gotten that city"? I posted a comment to that effect on the website. They never posted it. Figures. But 5 or 6 folks were wondering how to get a carry permit. ;) Good luck with that. They will not issue. Why? The city belongs to the thugs.

Guest logicprevails
If it had been my daughter, son, friend, or next door neighbor - God himself would cover his eyes at what I would do to them after hunting them down like the animals they are. Death would not be quick, and would be too good for them anyway.

Rope; scalpel; large hungry rat; industrial-sized box stapler; six pack.

Restrain; incise abdomen; insert rat; close; pop cold one and witness justice.

Guest TXRoadhouse

This is the first i have herd of this case, and that is horrible. I'd say get a big pool of lye hang them from their hands and slowly dip them in it til it eats/dissolves them into the pool of human excrement that they are. or just tie them up in the woods, cut heir belly open n leave them for the critters to cleam up.:panic:

Guest The Highlander

At the time of this heinous crime, I was working for the same financial firm as Channon Christians mother. I cannot fathom the motivation for anything like this, and I cannot imagine the pain that those families are going to go through for the rest of their lives. At the time, I could not think or speak about it, without becoming over-emotional. Today, I am experiencing the same emotions again.

I only wish for speedy, Old West Justice.

When I told my friends I was buying a handgun and going to take a HCP class they all thought I'd lost my mind but this is one of the reasons why, now most of my friends are talking about taking the HCP class and asking me about handguns, sometimes I can barely stand to read/whatch the news because there are to many tragic stories like this one... I hope they all burn in HELL for eternity!!!!! COOP

I used to live in Knoxville and know the area where these kids were tortured & killed. I believe it is for sure a HATE CRIME. The disturbing thing is....had this been a group of white men that did this to a black couple....oh hell, Jessie Jackson & Al Sharpton would be all over it like flies on dog s***. But are they standing up and saying hey this is wrong and this is reverse racism and we support this white family? Heck No!!What does that tell you?

Guest Cicada

This was talked about over on GlockTalk, which is where I heard about it.

Most folks don't think this kind of thing can happen to them, but it's good to think about, unpleasant as it is. I was perusing a website for women shooters in hopes I could talk my wife into learning how to shoot, and I ran across this page on the site: Cornered Cat - Personal Boundaries. It's very good.

Moreover, read On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society. Great book.

Guest beancounter

I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if this crime alone is responsible for a huge number of people in East Tennessee applying for permits. I've been following the trial and reader comments on the local news stations and the Knoxville News-Sentinel websites. The comments are very nearly 100% in favor of swift trial and execution. Of course, it's too late for a swift trial. These two young people were kidnapped, tortured, raped, and murdered almost three years ago (Jan-2007).

I believe in the second amendment, and I believe in a proper trial with a vigorous defense. But when they find these animals guilty, they should be carried directly to the nearest tall tree and hung. Then their bodies should be left on the ropes to rot as an example to all the other low-lifes.

If we utilized the death penalty when we should there would be a lot less crime because DEAD PEOPLE DON'T COMMIT CRIMES!

Just my $0.02.

Darren

Guest 270win

What has taken so long to get a trial going for these suckers? I think everyone deserves a trial because we are a just society but I also believe a just society would give out a good just punishment, if the crap politicians were forced to change the laws.

The problem is, to get rid of scum like this, you would need electric chairs running full time 24/7 in front of the county courthouses in Memphis and Nashville to get rid of all the major criminal trash in Tennessee. I'm afraid the electric chair or needle is too good for these pieces of garbage. A hanging is even too nice.

Edited by 270win
Guest 270win

What has taken so long to get a trial going for these suckers? I think everyone deserves a trial because we are a just society but I also believe a just society would give out a good just punishment, if the crap politicians were forced to change the laws.

The problem is, to get rid of scum like this, you would need electric chairs running full time 24/7 in front of the county courthouses in Memphis and Nashville to get rid of all the major criminal trash in Tennessee. I'm afraid the electric chair or needle is too good for these pieces of garbage. I'll agree a televised public hanging in Neyland Stadium with concessions is more fitting. It would serve everyone in the state more good.

My best friend got summed for Jury duty for this trial this week. He lives in Nashville.. apparently the judge said a fair and impartial jury could not be found in Knox County.

so they are bussing him the others from Nashville to Knoxville and he is going to be away from home for 2 weeks! I'll be interested to hear his thoughts on this case upon his return.

Guest 3pugguy
My best friend got summed for Jury duty for this trial this week. He lives in Nashville.. apparently the judge said a fair and impartial jury could not be found in Knox County.

so they are bussing him the others from Nashville to Knoxville and he is going to be away from home for 2 weeks! I'll be interested to hear his thoughts on this case upon his return.

I don't envy your friend, as this will more than likely be very tough and emotional for the jurors, having to hear (and I would think see) a lot of very graphic things.

If your friend can or will discuss their feelings and impressions once it's all over, iI would think it interesting to hear a viewpoint from a person who sat thru this on such issues - the emotional tone, if you will, of the jurors and in the jury room during deliberation.

I woud think the voir dire (sp?) was or will be a doozy, too.

voir dire - I'm sure it WAS a doozy. Got to have a good reason to bus jurors from 180 miles away. Youre right- I dont envy him. What a PIA. Hes got 2 infants at home too.. so I'm sure the wife is loving this also. Oh well - he's doing his civic duty so kudos to him.

Guest 3pugguy
voir dire - I'm sure it WAS a doozy. Got to have a good reason to bus jurors from 180 miles away. Youre right- I dont envy him. What a PIA. Hes got 2 infants at home too.. so I'm sure the wife is loving this also. Oh well - he's doing his civic duty so kudos to him.

+1 on kudos for him doing his civic duty!

I have not been following this crime lately, but it is THE reason I got my permit. The girl's body was found less than a mile from my house when I lived in Knoxville. What really struck me about this crime is that this couple was just like me and my girlfriend at the time. When something strikes that close to home, it really makes an impact on people.

What angers me about this situation is that so many people in TN have not even heard about this horrific crime. How does the media not just jump on this like they would if the roles were reversed? I am not racist. I believe in equality for all, but I cannot help but to think that this would have taken a very different path if it were a bunch of white men killing a young black couple.

Just my two cents, and it is probably not even worth that.

Hate crime or not, I think I'd volunteer to save the state some money.

Just speaking as the father of a daughter.

Have you seen the father's eye if the girl? I think if they let him he would save the state a lot of money.

• 1 year later...

just one comment. i think the media in knoxville did their best to cover up the whole story when it happened. it took a paper or some type of media from out of state to get wind of it and rattled a lot of cages. not sure of this but some of u wiser puter people should be able to check it.