Lever action .22's

Capbyrd

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax

I think Rossi and Winchester still make one, but if you really want a classic, check out a Ithaca model 49 on Gunbroker.com. They are single shots but are super rifles if you can find one in good shape. I do have to admit that this was my first firearm given to me at a very tender age, so my opionion is biased to say the least but trust me... I outshot all my buddies and their new fangled 22's with that old 2nd hand Ithaca.

Guest Bluemax

Forgot to mention Browning Bl-22 is still production for a little less than 500.00 but Henry's price and quality is hard to beat on either their yellowboy or their base model which is a little over 250.00 at Bud's at the moment if your looking at a new gun. I have the Yellow boy and have been very happy with it's quality

I have a Henry H001, which is the basic blued model. I comes with a plastic sight and a plastic barrel band, but I ordered the metal parts from Henry for less than 20.00. It shoots so great. Very accurate and very smooth action. A lot of people don't like the plastic sights and painted receiver, but for 200.00 it is a great shooter. The ruger 10/22 has a painted receiver and I would call it probably the most popular .22 around. This summer I put an older Weaver D4 7/8" scope on the Henry and I like it even more now. The small scope fits the gun better than newer 1" tubed scopes and is perfect for the 25 yard squirrel hunting that I use it for. My daughter shot it the last time we went to the range and I am afraid I am going to have to buy another or risk not having one for myself.

The Marlin is a well made, pretty gun. It also cost more than 500.00. I ain't got 500 dollars to drop on a .22 lever gun right now.

Guest 70below

The marlin 39a has a special place in my heart, but I've enjoyed the other lever .22's I've shot. If it came down to it, unless I could get the 39a for less than $50-75 more than another, I'd probably go for the better buy.

Guest mikedwood
The marlin 39a has a special place in my heart,

I'm with you on that. My dad got me a Marlin 39A with the gold trigger when I was 10. I think he was as excited to give it as I was to get it. I shot the living #### out of that gun.

When I was 19 it was stolen :wave: It is on m list. I saw one at the gun show last year for $325 and walked away. Then I went back 5 mins later to get it and it was gone.

I loved that gun.

Guest Papa T

I have both the Henry Big Boy 44 mag and the Henry .22 cal lever action, they both are excellent weapons. No problems with either. I practice for the Big Boy with the 22 for obvious cost reasons and have never had any problems of any kind with the Henry Model H001 .22 Cal. lever action. A fine weapon, at a good price, (can be found at Walmart) smooth action and shoots straight all day long. Light weight but solid. I love it and highly recommend both models. The 22 fires .22LR, capacity 15 rnds .22L, Cap. 17 rnds and .22 S cap. 21 rnds.