Lets see some HDR photos!

strickj

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few of mine... I use different software depending on the image. photomatix, Essential HDR, or Dynamic-Photo HDR.

Fall Creek Falls Lake at sunrise:

3172589311_f062f0d898_o.jpg

The Birdsong Hollow Bridge - Nashville

3119501710_af083e978e_o.jpg

Old Chevy Deluxe, somewhere in rural, TN:

3060882100_cd1ee172ca_o.jpg

I believe on Eagle Creek Rd, just down the road from the Eagle Creek Baptist Church and Cemetery... Benton county, TN. 35mm film HDR:

2264538162_a61d990a03_o.jpg

Bluegrass Underground Concert at Cumberland Caverns - McMinnville, TN:

3279437222_fee60d1fae_o.jpg

Quick question for you guys...I was looking at the software you were talking about and was wondering if the digital camera has to take multiple photos with one press of the button to get under and over exposed pictures or can the photos be a little off due to manually changing exposure levels?

I usually set the camera to do a bracket, usually at least 2-3 stops offset. It's important to keep the camera still ... use a tripod. any movement between exposures will hinder the software's ability to line up the multiple images.

Honestly I've done very little HDR... just when necessary. Maybe I should play with it more.

hdr17.jpg

3am exterior

hdr15.jpg

hdr12.jpg

If you look at the TV screens you'll see the effect of blending multiple images. I should have put back the screen from a single image.

if you use a tripod, you can manually get away with it just fine the camera just has to be able to take RAW pictures

I've done HDR with JPG files.

I've even done HDR with multiple exposure edits of a single image... yeah, I wanted RAW for that.

BTW, Fuji's S3 and S5 technically use a HDR in their sensors... they have two sensors per pixel and combine the two images. The S5 still has the greatest dynamic range of any DSLR.

if you use a tripod, you can manually get away with it just fine the camera just has to be able to take RAW pictures

You can do it without a RAW setting, but it's not much worth it.

You also typically cannot just auto-bracket because by definition it's not a good HDR candidate series unless the DOF remains constant. That means using the same f-stop and varying exposure time instead, which most cameras won't default to in auto-bracket mode.

You also typically cannot just auto-bracket because by definition it's not a good HDR candidate series unless the DOF remains constant. That means using the same f-stop and varying exposure time instead, which most cameras won't default to in auto-bracket mode.

I have done Jpeg HDR as well, it just does not come out as good as RAW, I am using a Canon point and shoot a G-10, I will be getting a Nikon DSLR in the future and will be able to take much better photos

I believe mine does keep the same aperture setting in aperture priority mode. However so far I've only done them with a wide lens and in situations where a few stops difference won't really effect the depth of field enough to notice.

Loved the Country Grocery silo. Did you use a tripod on the bridge, and keep the DOF constant, varying only the shutter speed?

No tripod,actually took it from my truck resting my lens on a half rolled down window.

I usually change my shutter manually so I can get more control of the different pics