UT beats Florida

Guest m&pc9

Some random thoughts from a Tennessee fan.................

Somebody said Crompton should not be a starter in the SEC. That person is exactly right.

The Monte Kiffin defense will be solid, but the offense is lukewarm at best and even a stellar defense can be on the field for only so long before they run out of gas.

I have tried and tried to warm up to Lane Kiffin, and it's just not coming. I still believe Hamilton made the easy hire...someone available at that moment who didn't require a buyout. I will say that he has a lovely wife. :screwy:

The D will let the Vols hang around for a while, before it just gets to be too much.

Florida 45

Tennessee 13

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are looking good! I've been impressed! Lot better than last years team!

I was a Fulmer man till last year. I think Kiffin is going to put the excitement back in to Tennessee Football, but it's going to take a year or two. He needs to get his boys in and then we'll see what he can do. He's definitely made the right moves in recruiting so far!

Mean while the offense is playing much better than expected. Florida looks frustrated. Lets hope they continue to be frustrated!!!

im actually impressed with this squad. the defense and running game looks pretty good. All we need now is to work on special teams and wait for Crompton to graduate. I thought our coaching staff did a great job all things considered.

+1 Crompton loses it when he throws an Interception. And it took the 3rd quarter to regain composer.

All in all I think they did a good job against the #1 team in the nation. It could have been alot worse. Everyone I know predicted a blow out of 60 - 0.

Guest Jcochran88

I was impressed with the defense. We have a good run game and that was about it. I was glad we where able to keep it close. I think we are looking at a .500 season if they play like they did today.

im actually impressed with this squad. the defense and running game looks pretty good. All we need now is to work on special teams and wait for Crompton to graduate. I thought our coaching staff did a great job all things considered.

That will work miracles all by itself. I honest to God prayed for a broken leg. Hate me if you want, but that's how I feel. We will not be a contender as long as Crapton is under center.