So you're at the bank and a gunman bursts in...

He orders everyone on the ground and sticks a gun in the tellers face and tells him/her to empty the cash drawer.

You're carrying. What do you do?

Scream "CONTACT!!", roll across the floor, and take him out before he recovers from someone screaming that at him.

EDIT: Damnit, Truthsayer beat me to it!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and then, when he is leaving, I rob him. Then I jump into the back of a late model sedan which slides sideways into place in a thundercloud of burnt rubber and gravel. The supercharged beast is piloted by my topless supermodel girlfriend in order to distract attention. We launch down the road.

The witnesses will later say that the getaway car was driven by a giant set of boobies.

Wait a minute...........I've seen those before.........I know who was driving!!!

Twas Ms. Daisy officer!!!! :koolaid:

I was in a Nashville Suntrust while it got robbed a few years ago. It happened so fast that most people didn't even know it was happening. I didn't know until he was gone. It definitely wasn't like the movies... I don't think most of them will have time to look your direction, unless they get threatened into a hostage situation or you try to slow them down.

Best to stay the hell out of there way, that is for sure. In my case, the guy was arrested later that night after he shot somebody at an apartment complex in Antioch.

Guest FiddleDog
I'd decide between a judy chop, a karate chop, or a ninjy chop. But first I'd sling my can of Grizzly ninjy stars at em.

that one right thur needs ninjun, if ever I seen a man need ninjun...

Dunno. If I can get a clear shot off...maybe...It depends on his willingness to escalate. My bank has an armed guard, so at my bank, it's probably already at go time if he got past him...

Peeing is most likely involved, however...

Wee you armed at the time? If so, were there any problems with the Police after the fact?

I was in a Nashville Suntrust while it got robbed a few years ago. It happened so fast that most people didn't even know it was happening. I didn't know until he was gone. It definitely wasn't like the movies... I don't think most of them will have time to look your direction, unless they get threatened into a hostage situation or you try to slow them down.

Best to stay the hell out of there way, that is for sure. In my case, the guy was arrested later that night after he shot somebody at an apartment complex in Antioch.

Wee you armed at the time? If so, were there any problems with the Police after the fact?

I was NOT armed at the time, it was long before I had a permit. I had to stay at the bank for nearly 3 hours while FBI interviewed every single person. To be honest, I'm not sure they asked if I was carrying or would have made it an issue, assuming I was concealed. I would have volunteered the info, of course.

Let off the brake and pull out of the drive-through.

LOL.

Anyways, I would imagine that if a bank was to be "movie robbed" there would be more than one BG, so I'd think carefully about whether I could kill 2+ dudes without innocent casualties or getting shot myself. Then, after thinking carefully, I would pull out my Colt ANACONDA and *miss*miss*miss*kill a guy*miss*kill another guy* realize I have no more ammo because my speed loader popped out when I rolled behind cover and throw my anaconda to kill the last guy.

Yell "contact!", execute a barrel roll, and place a controlled pair in his paper target-like torso. If this succeeds, I write "oh snap" on his forehead with a sharpie, police my brass, and help the next squad with pasters.

They should make holsters with a sharpie slot just for this situation.

From Bank teller: Bank policy is to let them take the money and run. Money is insured, depositors lose nothing. Bank would rather lose money than have somebody hurt or killed.

From SD: Department policy is to let them get outside, away from customers and then take them. If they are outside they are no longer threat, so from our (civilian) viewpoint, no longer a legal target.

Dillenger days are gone. Most bank robberies are quiet affairs by single perp and no shots are fired. Usually customers don't know anything until alarm goes off.

My philosophy: Stay cool and let it go down. If perp doesn't actually threaten you, leave him be. Other people get paid to take care of this and they know better what to do.

"This ain't Dodge City and you ain't Bill Hickock!"

Guest trigem

Last year F&M bank was robbed, Crook grabbed hostage in parking lot, in coming customer blocks the crooks car in, he took a shot at the driver( missed her) and than ran to another car and hijacked that woman driver,Clarksville police were fast to find the vehicle just down the road from the bank, when cops got close the crook put his gun to the woman's head and at that point a crack shot police officer shot him dead with no harm to the woman Praise the LORD!

Practice,practice,practice it may pay off one day:koolaid:

Pull your mask over your head and walk in hold the gun in the air and scream "everybody be cool this is a robbery, put all the money in the bag and no nobody will get hurt" then run to the teller and throw the bag at them and ...

Oh wait are we the robber or the robbie???

:D

Oh, gotcha - no. I just rarely put the truck in park, figuring if someone attempts a car-jacking my best response may well be to floor it...

Must be hard to get the truck out of the ditch every time you goto the store if you do not ever put it in park?

Or do you just aim it for a dirt bank or pole before you get out. :D

Must be hard to get the truck out of the ditch every time you goto the store if you do not ever put it in park?

Or do you just aim it for a dirt bank or pole before you get out. :D

Leave it in neutral and chock the wheels.