Our experience on HCP wait time (without call)

I thought that I would share this as an FYI on the chance that anyone is wondering about how long the HCP processing seems to be taking.

My wife submitted her application on 8/20 and was printed later that week. Her HCP arrived in the mail today, which means it took a little under six weeks for processing without calling. I'm pretty sure that faster than mine arrived even with calling!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my class in January,around the middle of the month,when I called it had already been 60 days,I had it within a week of calling.When I counted the days waited I was at 88,I received it 2 days from the 90,they are sure cranking the permits out a lot faster these days.:up:

Guest nascar22

I recieved mine in the mailbox today (9-30), I fingerprinted on 8-22. I did not call or e-mail. After hearing the about the long wait times I wasn't even watching the mailbox. Nice surprise though.

Any suggestions other than Wally World for first carry in Knoxville? Maybe a small local business in the Knoxville area that supports the right to carry?

Guest TurboniumOxide

I think it is pretty random. When others were coming back in 90 days, mine took 27 days at the peak.

Edited by TurboniumOxide

My wife got her renewal about a month ago after sending it in back in July. I on the other hand renewed in March and just got mine on Tuesday.

I called after my wife got hers to see what the hold up was since I started the process over three months before my wife. The lady said TBI was helping with the background checks now so the wait time should be significantly shorter now. It just happened that my wife's renewal was at the top of the stack sent to TBI.

It was good to hear that they were trying to get the permits out faster though.

Calling has no effect. It neither hurts nor helps.

I don't know if it helps for the "average" caller, but it can in some cases. There have been multiple members who've had to deal with lost applications - myself included. In those cases, calling helped determine that there was a problem and get it corrected.

• 1 month later...
I don't know if it helps for the "average" caller, but it can in some cases. There have been multiple members who've had to deal with lost applications - myself included. In those cases, calling helped determine that there was a problem and get it corrected.

You don't think it's significant that the majority of folks who post here who said they called after 3-4 weeks, have been told that their permit was "just issued", or "was issued yesterday", or "will be issued today"?

- OS

+1 here OhShoot. It was almost as if they were waiting for me to call. They said it was just going out that day. Yeah, right. And we've all seen similar stories. No doubt I would call 3 weeks at the earliest. I mean, let's have a little patience. I would not wait to call beyond 4 weeks. I am 100% convinced calling helps move them.

Guest Swamprunner

Went to the DOS on July 24th for my renewal. Still haven't received my card. I'm stuck with this big wad of paper in my wallet. Almost 120 days out according to my figgurin'. So, who do I sue??!!

Mebbie it was the bad words I said about Big Sis from Homeland Security on some thread.:panic: