Handi-Rifle Opinions - Reviews

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a .410 pardner shotgun, same thing only shotgun version of the handi-rifle. I have shot a .45/70 handi-rifle and held/played with a .223 survivor handi-rifle. They feel VERY solid and are a GREAT value, IMO. Its no AR in terms of high amounts of firepower, but they are great for what they are.

I had one of the Handi-rifles in .308. Another gun I wish I had kept. Gun fire arm. Had a bit of kick, due to the light weight. Decent trigger on it too. Not real slow to reload either for a single shot. I got to where I could reload it and get another round off in under 5 seconds.

Guest danxd45

I recently purchased my first handi-rifle (used) from a friend. It came with a .223, .243, 25-06, .308, .44 mag, 45-70 (kicks like a mule), 20 ga. rifled slug, and .50 muzzleloader barrels.

I have shot all but the .44, 20, and muzzleloader, and it it a really fun gun. It will not provide match grade accuracy by any means(I'm relatively new to rifle shooting and I got 1.5" groups at 100 yards), but for a hunting\plinking gun, you cant beat them at that price. Also, you can get aftermarket stocks for them (thumbhole, synthetic, varmint, etc.)

This will be my first hunting season, and the 25-06 is sighted in and a pleasure to shoot.

Out of our little hunting group of family and friends, collectivily we own 1 45/70, 1 7mm/08, and 3 .308s. Good brush guns and no one plans on getting rid of any of them any time soon. I shoot the 45/70 version with reddot scope. It kicks like an 8 legged mule! We can all reccomend them!

They are much more accurate than the price would suggest. Considering the T/C line runs $500 and the Ruger #1 runs $800...About $250 will get you practically every bit of as good a gun.

Sturdy, simple, and follow the KISS philosophy. I am suprized that there are not more fans of these guns....they are VERY easy to re-barrel with a fancy name blank and shoot as good as just about anything made at any price.

Guest grimel

Best bang for the buck in long guns. I've had the 44 Sharka (what ever), sold it as it was toooooo heavy for me at 12. Had the 12ga Topper slug gun (replaced the 44) that was waaaaaaaaaaaay too light for a slug gun! Had 3 or 4 of the 410's, a 20ga, a 12ga, and dad took my .243. Now, I'm looking for a cheap .243, 308, etc to send back and have the 45/70 Buffalo Classic barrel fitted and the wood (makes for a MUCH cheaper Buffalo Classic) and a 38-55 and a 30-30 and a 22 hornet and a ....

Damn things get addicting. Almost as bad as the T/C Contenders and I prefer the Handi's to the Contenders/Encores as a using rifle.

I have a Topper which is a youth model combo in 20 guage and 30-30 Winchester. The 30-30 barrel will shoot an inch group all day long. The trigger isn't the greatest, however. I had a heavy barreled 223, and it didn't shoot that great. It did have a better trigger than the Topper.