The biggest, baddest, rootinest, tootinest movie star there ever was!

Guest jackdm3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I grew up on old movies so while I love Bruce Willis and some of my generation's tough guys, there will always just be that group that came first that all others must be compared too.

John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, and Paul Newman were my heroes as a kid.

Can't leave out Randolph Scott, Audie Murphy, Hop-a-long Cassidy, Lash LaRue, Henry Fonda (okay, Jane is at least 8 strikes against him), Robert Mitchem, even James Garner.

Can't leave out Randolph Scott, Audie Murphy, Hop-a-long Cassidy, Lash LaRue, Henry Fonda (okay, Jane is at least 8 strikes against him), Robert Mitchem, even James Garner.

I'll take Randolph Scott, Audie Murphy, Robert Mitchum, and James Garner and raise you Chuck Connors, Clint Walker, and James Arness.

Guest walkingdeadman

I am way to young to ever respect John Wayne...sorry.

Jean-Claude Van Damme is more on my level...he kicked some Chink azz for a long time.

Guest jackdm3

Did you see "JCVD" recently? He plays himself, the actor caught up in a robbery. It's not what you would expect. Not saying that's good or bad, just ..........

Guest FroggyOne2
Keep in mind that im a younger guy before you old farts get in a tizzy....

Bruce Willis.... the new generations BADASS

If you knew his stance on guns.. your mind would change.

Guest walkingdeadman
If you knew his stance on guns.. your mind would change.

Just because someone that I admire might have different beliefs than me on certain laws would not change my mind on how I view them. That seems very narrow-minded to me.

I am way to young to ever respect John Wayne...sorry.

Each their own, but that seems like saying you're too young to respect George Washington. Just because it's not from your time doesn't mean you can't find something special in it.

Just because someone that I admire might have different beliefs than me on certain laws would not change my mind on how I view them. That seems very narrow-minded to me.

I agree with that to an extent, but I think there is a difference in admiring someone as an entertainer who seems to be an OK person and admiring someone who upholds the same beliefs as you,etc.

• 3 months later...
The Duke with one of the greatest movie quotes ever....

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require

the same from them." (The Shootist)

Yet he laid hands on people in the movie.

Guest mosinon
Each their own, but that seems like saying you're too young to respect George Washington. Just because it's not from your time doesn't mean you can't find something special in it.

I agree with that to an extent, but I think there is a difference in admiring someone as an entertainer who seems to be an OK person and admiring someone who upholds the same beliefs as you,etc.

I can respect George Washington but not John Wayne. George Washington led armies, John Wayne was an actor. George Washington was involved in government, John Wayne opined. George Washington volunteered, John Wayne dodged the draft.

To be sure, John Wayne was a fine actor, and I respect him for that. I will also note that, as an actor, he was underrated y the critics but not by the box office.

his talents noted, he was opportunistic when this great country went to war. While his contemporaries went off to war he stayed here to make a killing in their absence.

Great actor, and as a movie bad ass one of the best. If I have to factor personal stuff into it, well, just another hollywood shill.

John Wayne . . . PERIOD.

(Younguns, go get some DVDs and educate yourself.)

Rough translation from a memorable moment from the movie "Chisum" when a bandit has stolen Chisum"s (Wayne) horses.

Chisum: I've come to get my horses

Bandit: I'll sell them to you. Did you bring any gold?

Chisum: No

Bandit: Silver

Chisum: No . . . only lead . . . BOOM!

All those ole western guys are great Clint and John, but for my generation the first name one of the first names that comes to mind is Jason Statham from the Transporter series, even though he hasn't had any HUGE hits he is one rootin tootin bad a** son of a gun.

Also Liam Neeson in Taken is one bad dude,

"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you"

And finally in my opinion the best action movie from last year is Law Abiding Citizen. Gerard Butler from Gamer and Law Abiding Citizen, he has played some more dramatic roles but is a fantastic action actor

"I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole f***** diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical."

And I almost forgot Mark Wahlberg from Shooter and Matt Damon from Bourne Trilogy

Edited by tennessee01tacoma
Cause im stupid
I can respect George Washington but not John Wayne. George Washington led armies, John Wayne was an actor. George Washington was involved in government, John Wayne opined. George Washington volunteered, John Wayne dodged the draft.

To be sure, John Wayne was a fine actor, and I respect him for that. I will also note that, as an actor, he was underrated y the critics but not by the box office.

his talents noted, he was opportunistic when this great country went to war. While his contemporaries went off to war he stayed here to make a killing in their absence.

Great actor, and as a movie bad ass one of the best. If I have to factor personal stuff into it, well, just another hollywood shill.

Wasn't comparing the two in the sense of achievement by any means. The person I originally quoted stated he was "just to young to respect John Wayne" and I was replying to that.