The biggest, baddest, rootinest, tootinest movie star there ever was!

Guest jackdm3

Guest Bluemax
John Wayne was precluded from service because of an injury (I believe it was a busted knee). Far from a draft dodger.

+1000 The day John Wayne passed away, news papers in other countries ran headlines that said "Mr America is dead" and they did it with respect

nuff said

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jackdm3
Well all of these cats mentioned are good but I think Robert Duvall deserves an honorable mention for his role in Apocalypse Now. Also R Lee Ermy was good in The Siege of Firebase Gloria.

"Shortwave!? Get your dumb, black John Wayne ass down! Get down!"

(watching it now on Netflix. Thanks, Krull. Ermey's always good!)

Kind of goes full-circle to John Wayne again.

Guest jackdm3

Still watching it. Soundtrack sucks. Wings Hauser is doing a good-guy role, which is rare, but I prefered him in "The Insider." The stunts are pretty bad.

I didn't even know she had politics.

Oh yeah...very anti gun. She got on her liberal soapbox recently in promoting Avatar. She went back in time to the Alien series and said how she felt torn about playing Ripley, using guns, etc. all the while her anti-2A loins were burning. Well, of course she shed her principles for the paycheck. Now she has the nerve to play this spin game.

Personally I'm boycotting Avatar because of her and the tree-huggin-army-hating message it has.

Oh yeah...very anti gun. She got on her liberal soapbox recently in promoting Avatar. She went back in time to the Alien series and said how she felt torn about playing Ripley, using guns, etc. all the while her anti-2A loins were burning. Well, of course she shed her principles for the paycheck. Now she has the nerve to play this spin game.

Personally I'm boycotting Avatar because of her and the tree-huggin-army-hating message it has.

Avatar is just Pocahontas in space.

John Wayne was precluded from service because of an injury (I believe it was a busted knee). Far from a draft dodger.

He wasn't really a draft dodger, but the studio he worked for made every effort to make sure he didn't go to war, and threatened him with a lawsuit if he enlisted. From what I've heard he always kinda regretted not serving whether he would have been sued or not, and this kinda thing is probably one of the reasons now that employers can not interfere with and employees military service.

I agree with Mike though, he did more for the moral by making the movies that he's made. Heck, still to this day I bet there are alot of young folks that sign up for the military that are influenced in some way by his movies.

He is and always will be the one and only original movie bada$$. The way movies are written nowadays even the newer bada$$ get the heck beat out of them before they ever come back and win a fight they're in.

Other than him, Robert Duvall is one of my favorites, and Clint is in there somewhere too.

• 1 month later...

The Duke, John Wayne. Others named here are good ... some are very good. But there has only been one John Wayne.

Couple of JW quotes:

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please ...

Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway ..." – John Wayne

... and one of my favorites:

“There’s right and there’s wrong. You got to do one or the other. You do the one, and you’re living. You do the other, and you may be walking around, but you’re dead as a beaver hat.” -- John Wayne

Guest strelcevina

The Magnificent Seven

Steve McQueen :

Fella I once knew in El Paso, one day he took all his clothes off and jumped in a mess of cactus.

I asked him the same question, why?

He said it seemed to be a good idea at the time.:lol: