Vols vs. Tide

Garufa

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to the radio and they commented that Lincoln wasn't kicking well before the game. He's got a hip problem. I guess we have no other kicker. I sure wished he had hit the one at the end of the first half. Looked just a little short.

I lay the blame for the two blocks squarely on the line not blocking Cody. Block him and we probably win the game!

All in all though we played really well and if we can't beat'em we can sure scare the hell out of em and I think we did that.

GO VOLS!!!

I listened to the radio and they commented that Lincoln wasn't kicking well before the game. He's got a hip problem. I guess we have no other kicker. I sure wished he had hit the one at the end of the first half. Looked just a little short.

I lay the blame for the two blocks squarely on the line not blocking Cody. Block him and we probably win the game!

All in all though we played really well and if we can't beat'em we can sure scare the hell out of em and I think we did that.

GO VOLS!!!

I didn't realize Lincoln was hurt. I didn't hear them say anything about it on TV. He is usually a reliable kicker though, so it makes sense. I thought UT looked great. They dominated in almost every statistical category, except penalties and rushing yards, and of course the scoreboard. And they didn't allow a single touchdown to arguably the best team in the country. Tennessee is much better than their record. They will be a force to be reckoned with in a couple of years. Go Vols!

I am a Bama fan and am glad they got the win, however, they didn't play all that great. I really HATE to say this but, the Vols put up an excellent fight and by all means should have won that game. "Mount Cody" really saved their skin with the two FG blocks in the last quarter. The way Bama has had to "kick" their way to victory the last two games is kinda crappy but I am glad Tiffin is an accurate kicker. The defense on both teams was great which resulted in a low-scoring game. One can never assume complete victory regardless of who you like when these two teams meet. I bet Saban will be reaming some people out after they get to the locker room. I'm glad Bama won but am dissapointed by how they played.

I am a Bama fan and am glad they got the win, however, they didn't play all that great. I really HATE to say this but, the Vols put up an excellent fight and by all means should have won that game. "Mount Cody" really saved their skin with the two FG blocks in the last quarter. The way Bama has had to "kick" their way to victory the last two games is kinda crappy but I am glad Tiffin is an accurate kicker. The defense on both teams was great which resulted in a low-scoring game. One can never assume complete victory regardless of who you like when these two teams meet. I bet Saban will be reaming some people out after they get to the locker room. I'm glad Bama won but am dissapointed by how they played.

i agree. im a bama fan but they played horrible. past two games they haven't been able to make a td instead of fg. i think this week off will help alot. thank goodness for mount cody. i think they got complacent and this wont help their standing. i think they would play better if they was ranked 4th or 5th so they would feel as if they had something to prove

Guest JHatmaker

Damnation what a game. I was at the game and it was one of the best Bame v UT games I've been to. I can't really rub it in b/c UT's defense played great, and if it weren't for Cody Vol Nation would be singing a different tune this morning.

Anyway, Roll Tide, I think this rivalry just got shifted back into high gear...