trying to decide

Guest 7mmMag

Going to get a new one tomorrow

im tossed between the glock 22 and the springfield XDM

both about the same but the xdm is more expensive...

however

I like the feel of the xd better

just wondering your thoughts

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xdm I just like Springfields

i did too when i held it...and ive researched a little bit and the glock which everyone tries to sell me on has no real advantages over the xdm

The Glock feels better in my hand. But I have smaller hands. I would go with the Glock and since its cheaper you will have a little money to put toward night sights.

money isnt really the issue (this time) lol ive never really put any thought into night sights..i dont shoot much in the dark but if you were shooting in the dark would the sights being lit like that not distract you from what you are aiming at in a dark area

Guest 1817ak47

I have a xd and both the front and rear sights are steel, one of my friends has a glock and he said the front sight is plastic and he lightly bumped it and it has a gouge in it now

i think im going with the xdm i just wish ruger made one like the sr9 just make it a sr40 i would buy it without a doubt... never had a ruger let me down yet

The XD(m) is nice, I have the 9mm version. I personally don't care if it has a grip safety or not. The trigger is good and light and it's plenty accurate. I carry my Glock 23 most of the time just because it's smaller and I trust it.

Guest pdosafety

I sale both of these at the store and i also own both of these guns. You can't go wrong with either one. The XDM does add another safety in the palm and also comes with a sweet case with all the goodies. Both guns are worth there price. Goodluck on your purchase.

..i dont shoot much in the dark but if you were shooting in the dark would the sights being lit like that not distract you from what you are aiming at in a dark area

huh? ;) would glowing sights distract you? as opposed to not being able to aim at all...because you can't even see the sights? :shrug: (just giving you a hard time...the answer is no, night sights won't distract you.)

+1 for the XD... think you made a great choice!! :screwy:

however

I personally prefer the XD but go with what feels best to YOU. Sounds like you already figured out which one that is. Good luck!

Guys im about to get all my pistols out of the safe and sell them all and buy more XDs...that is the sweetest shooting pistol ...just as sweet as my P94 that I have had for 13 years....I have always loved Ruger but this little jewel takes the cake. Before we even got the targets out I just blazed two clips out into the backstop as fast as i could shoot them and I couldnt even make it mess up. I started out shooting a coke can at close to 20 yards and might have missed twice out of two clips. We put up a target that glows when you hit it and from 20 feet you can chew the bull out, there wasnt any black left that target glowed like it was radioactive. I dont think there is a better choice. My FIL has never shot a modern pistol he loves 1911s and he is talking about getting one after shooting this one this afternoon.... Ill be as big an XD fan as I am ruger now.

huh? :koolaid: would glowing sights distract you? as opposed to not being able to aim at all...because you can't even see the sights? ;) (just giving you a hard time...the answer is no, night sights won't distract you.)

+1 for the XD... think you made a great choice!! :up:

lol I just didnt know how bright they glow but hell wouldnt a laser be even better than that...then you really dont have to aim...lol

lol I just didnt know how bright they glow but hell wouldnt a laser be even better than that...then you really dont have to aim...lol

well, I have C/T grips on my LCR, and yes, a laser is better, IMO. :up:

although it's generally accepted opinion that a laser should only be used when your sights cannot. most folks who've seen combat recommend sighted fire when at all possible... but the laser is a big help, especially at night, or from less than optimum shooting positions.

glad you're happy with that XD...I can totally relate. I fell in love the 1st time I shot one. saving up for one right now, in fact!! :koolaid:

Guest hi im drummer03

however

For carry Glock hands down.

This instance though XDM hands down.

More safeties for someone newer on the XD and XDMs.

Match grade barrel,should be more accurrate.

As mentioned the SA Polymers come with goodies.

Im not a fan of full size.

Take a look at www.budsgunshop.com .He has a great deal on the 9mm SA XDM right now. 585 shipped to your local FFL dealer.

money isnt really the issue (this time) lol ive never really put any thought into night sights..i dont shoot much in the dark but if you were shooting in the dark would the sights being lit like that not distract you from what you are aiming at in a dark area

If you have any intention on carry or home protection you will have night sights. I dont either buy if you have to for self defense you will be able to aim.

Edited by hi im drummer03

however

Go with the Glock its cheaper and I just bought a brand new Springield XDM Stainless 9mm and it had specs of rust starting to pop up on it in the first month and the firearm was properly maintained.

Guest hi im drummer03
Go with the Glock its cheaper and I just bought a brand new Springield XDM Stainless 9mm and it had specs of rust starting to pop up on it in the first month and the firearm was properly maintained.

Sounds unusual..Guess thats why SA has lifetime warranty and Glock has one year. You dont need a warranty with a Glock :drama: (Sorry guys had to give a Glock Punch.)SA are great guns...