why was my thread locked. ^^^ rules

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didnt post it for sale, i WTT.;)

;) exactly...

Nothing wrong with wanting to buy a firearm, but whether or not the seller of the firearm you want to buy is willing to take a trade, or has any interest in what you have to trade is up to them, and should be a privately arranged part of your transaction.

Thank you ;)

Guest Rem_700

All about the money!! Pretty sad IMO..I was here before it changed,and there wasn't that much spam, or atleast I didn't notice,but its their website and they won't get my money...

All about the money!! Pretty sad IMO..I was here before it changed,and there wasn't that much spam, or atleast I didn't notice,but its their website and they won't get my money...

It is not all about money.

There were several other good reasons. You may have noticed more spam if it was't for admins/mods trying to keep it clean. However I don't feel it is up to me to list all the reasons, the TGO David can if he wants to.

But becoming a benefactor is neither required or expected to enjoy the forum in general. I simply like the forum so much that I wanted to contribute to make sure it keeps going. This was before I was a Mod and I have never posted anything in the Trading post section.

Guest Gun Geek

Not trying to make excuses but remember websites are not free to run. Hosting, costs money. Especially if you need dedicated hosting. Which with the amount of traffic going on here I would have to assume that it does have a dedicated host and it is not cheap by any means.

• Administrator

Thanks for making it clear that you're a douche! :koolaid:

The ability to use the forum is free as it always has been. The ability to use the forum to sell your gear, isn't... but neither is selling your crap in the classifieds of your local paper or on the Local Sales Network site (or whatever it's called) or on Gunbroker or anywhere else similar for that matter. But hey, thanks for giving me the big EFF YOU by including that last statement. It makes me feel good about providing TGO to the 90% of the membership who don't support the site at all.

You'll just have to excuse me for not jumping through my ass to fix your account if something accidentally happens to it. Especially since you went out of your way to tell me just how much you never intend to support the TGO community.

Guest jackdm3

How is this dude even a Senior Member with 302 posts? I thought it was 500.

The ability to use the forum is free as it always has been. The ability to use the forum to sell your gear, isn't... but neither is selling your crap in the classifieds of your local paper or on the Local Sales Network site (or whatever it's called) or on Gunbroker or anywhere else similar for that matter. But hey, thanks for giving me the big EFF YOU by including that last statement. It makes me feel good about providing TGO to the 90% of the membership who don't support the site at all.

You'll just have to excuse me for not jumping through my ass to fix your account if something accidentally happens to it. Especially since you went out of your way to tell me just how much you never intend to support the TGO community.

OhSnap.jpg

Regardless of the attitude of some members of the forum, this is not a very professional response.

Guest clsutton21
Regardless of the attitude of some members of the forum, this is not a very professional response.

Why does it have to be? He's basically giving up part of his life so that we may have an environment to discuss firearms and other things relevant to that. All he gets from a member is a snarky comment about how he thinks David is just doing it for the money...seems pretty f'd up. Personally, I would have removed the guy from the site... Rem_700 is just one of those guys trying to get something for nothing when he has already been given more than he deserves.

• Administrator

Hey, tell me what you invest a lot of time and energy into so that I can make spiteful comments about it and then we can compare notes. :koolaid:

Hey, tell me what you invest a lot of time and energy into so that I can make spiteful comments about it and then we can compare notes. :koolaid:

Exactly, you invest a lot of time and energy into something that is not simply a place to discuss firearms, TGO is a lot more than that. With the events sponsorship, regional co-ordinators, attire, etc, TGO is becoming more and more like a business, which is fine. I supported you with my benefactor and attire purchases, so I'm all for you turning TGO into whatever you can...

...however, as THE representitive of this forum, allowing the jacked up opinion of one member to provoke such a reaction seems very uncalled for.

It's your forum, and you can behave like a dictator if you choose to (and I base this on the "something accidentally happens to your account" comment you made), but it's not what I expected to see from you, or anyone else associated with TGO.

Guest canynracer

Actually, the response in its entirety was completley appropriate.

"You'll just have to excuse me for not jumping through my ass to fix your account if something accidentally happens to it."

David DOES go OUT OF HIS WAY, on HIS time to jump through hoops to help members that cannot post pictures and have other problems with their account..

so with that in mind, why WOULD David jump through the same hoops to help a DB that obviously wants to talk crap about the service that is provided FREE of cost?

I would agree with you if the reaction to the assinine statement came unprovoked, but I urge you to re-read the transactions and form an opinion with the "If this was my house and I was talked to like this, what would I do" hat on. you have a BBQ, invite me, I bring NOTHING to your house, but immediatley bitch about the food you just GAVE me for free...you gonna be all happy about that?

I can bet with some certainty that you would react the same way.

Actually, I thought the response was rather eloquent given the circumstance. (I was kinda thinking a vaction at BEST was in order)

Hats off to David for showing the restraint.

But as Fallguy stated, I certainly dont need to defend the man...he does that very well on his own. :koolaid:

Edited by canynracer
Exactly, you invest a lot of time and energy into something that is not simply a place to discuss firearms, TGO is a lot more than that. With the events sponsorship, regional co-ordinators, attire, etc, TGO is becoming more and more like a business, which is fine. I supported you with my benefactor and attire purchases, so I'm all for you turning TGO into whatever you can...

...however, as THE representitive of this forum, allowing the jacked up opinion of one member to provoke such a reaction seems very uncalled for.

It's your forum, and you can behave like a dictator if you choose to (and I base this on the "something accidentally happens to your account" comment you made), but it's not what I expected to see from you, or anyone else associated with TGO.

I agree. David shouldn't be able to reply to BS posts at all. He's an admin, not a participant in the forums OR the guy who gives us a place to come bitch about the way he runs HIS website. I think we should all be more politically correct and let people do what they want without response from those being attacked. There ought to be more rules and laws. Maybe a FOA (Forum Owners Association) since we all own this little collective.

David and I might not see eye to eye on some things but he should be able to bring the hammer down how he feels like on his site. He COULD just ban people sans explanation, or tweak their nose to get the point across. Obviously, that is too much for some people. I'm going to go hug a tree and cry into my soy latte now.